This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

asf2

window cleaning bike wanted
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »
can anyone help? I am trying to find one of the old fashioned window cleaning bikes with side car.
Is there anyone out there who has one and wants to sell it or knows of anywhere I might find one.

DaveG

Re: window cleaning bike wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:20:56 pm »
whats up with your van?? ;D ;D :o
You can't polish a turd

windolene

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:45:32 pm »
Hi,

Just curious, do you mean motorbike or bicycle?  I once thought they would be a market for making & selling a bike for window cleaners be-it traditional & WFP.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

asf2

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »
why is it when ever I ask a question on this site, there is always some 'really funny guy' who has to make a silly little remark...I thought this site was about helping people....I want an old fashioned window cleaning bike, because I want one for a certain reason. I should not have to explain myself...if you can't resist making remarks and comments that no good to anyone...why not try politics or maybe stand up comedy.

asf2

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:29:43 pm »
thanks Kevin, its a old fashioned push bike I am after, any condition...if you know of one, I would be happy to make an offer

crymsonpirate

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 02:07:28 am »
thats so true, he is thinking out side the box,why use stuff you dont need,ie a van etc,keep it simple less things to go wrong.
I guess the smart arse answers are from blinkerd neanderthalls, i get it at the times, hey why you using that pole you lazy so n so,we used to use chammies,n rags how very dare you use your brain and do it better than i ever dreamed of!
me, aye, n they used to send kids up chimneys,do you still send yours out  and sponge off what ever they get paid?
sorry but the attitude n smart arse comment on a geniune query has rubbed me up the right/wrong wa!!!!!!

crymsonpirate

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 02:09:06 am »
oh n the reason stand up comedy is not thier occupation,they aint funny and aint got the bottle!

jefftemperley

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:14 am »
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51583356/Ice_Cream_Tricycle.html

you could convert one of these or just buy the frame and do it your self , if you have compact work a 125l system would work a treat!!

great marketing tool and you could put an electric assist kit on it to help with hills
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Ian W

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 09:08:32 am »
If you want a bike, then I have one of these stuck in the shed that needs a bit of tlc that you can have for free.
http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/courier.html

It is minus the front carrier, but is a sturdy bike. You will have to collect it, of course. Where are you? If you are interested, then I will send you some details and you can decide if you want it.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:18:12 am »
whats up with your van??

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable question to me!!

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:00 am »
why is it when ever I ask a question on this site, there is always some 'really funny guy' who has to make a silly little remark...I thought this site was about helping people....I want an old fashioned window cleaning bike, because I want one for a certain reason. I should not have to explain myself...if you can't resist making remarks and comments that no good to anyone...why not try politics or maybe stand up comedy.

get a grip ffs ::)
You can't polish a turd

crymsonpirate

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 02:47:37 pm »
Hi Ian the trike seems like a good isdea, where are you, if asf2 cant use it?

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 03:32:03 pm »
buy this off me if u want & stick a small trailor on it  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 03:36:56 pm »
thats tidy m8 i jus sold a raliegh chopper  ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ian W

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 05:32:18 pm »
Hi Ian the trike seems like a good isdea, where are you, if asf2 cant use it?

Not a trike, it's a bike. It was used at a refinery I believe. It has a blank plate that would be ideal for signwriting in the middle of the frame. It doesn't have the front carrier, because they didn't use them at the refinery. They stopped using them on H&S grounds...  ::)

Am in Portsmouth.
Charles Dickens

Ian W

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:36:30 pm »
PR - that is one cool bike!  8)

I have just been looking at bikes with one of my boys. He wants a new one for his birthday and I am tempted to get one too.  :)
Charles Dickens

paul rulton

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
thanks Ian W  :) it is 1comfy chopper  :) ive only used it 3times as i had 2ave another back opp              ( gutted ) ::) i paid £700 for it new. its a bit special only seen 1 other 1  ;D

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 07:41:58 pm »
you can always copy this bike  ;D

Ian W

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »
thanks Ian W  :) it is 1comfy chopper  :) ive only used it 3times as i had 2ave another back opp              ( gutted ) ::) i paid £700 for it new. its a bit special only seen 1 other 1  ;D

I bet you are. Having a bike like that and not being able to ride it must be annoying.  :'(

How much are you selling for?
Charles Dickens