Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Linds Russell

Re: £24k....PER MONTH !
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »
Having just attended an Alltec marketing discovery day, I do actually believe that the big turnover is completely achievable. Kevin has a more profitable operation than Pierre because Pierre is focussing on growing his brand and is highly driven by this and is constantly reinvesting. Kevin is not focussing on growing outwards but is instead focussing on growing upwards and is doing it well.

You have to remember that with every marketing model, some will run with the ball and blow the doors off. Some others will scoff at it and then complain when they watch the high achievers leave them for dust.

Thats life chaps!

Linds

jasonl

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:27 pm »
The point is 24K a month turnover does not give massive amounts of profit for capital employed .

The benefit is that possibly you will have a more saleable business to sell in the future, and more free time , it is a big risk though.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 07:45:20 am »
cheers john, and no i'm not on the fasttrack, i don't believe in protector so i wouldn't be welcome, i don't believe in mithering and pestering so i wouldn't be welcome, and i don't like golf so i wouldn't be welcome ;D

JandS

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 09:18:56 am »
24K a month, is that one man one van?
If it is presume it's turnover?
Dare I say it but if it is one man one van I don't believe it.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

waynebarry

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »
Im sceptical like you john, going on a 20 day working month taking the fact of one day a week for
Qouting he would have to be doing £1500 per day! ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »
The way I worked it out

A month consists of 4.333r weeks so you would need just short of £6k a week now if you were to work 5 days a week then you would require approx £1200 a day, if an average job is £400 well 3 of those would do it.

So, if he charge 60p to clean and 40p to protect = 100p (all per sq ft), 400 sq ft could be a lounge and hsl of a standard semi.

BUT...

If you charge £200 then 12 months of £17 sounds better still and also adds to the £24k figure when adjusting the figures to suit.

Shaun

waynebarry

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »
Well If you put it like that! ;D
I am still waiting for the info from them, it didnt come today so hopefully ill find out soon & stop be sceptical!

Wayne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »
I think I'm trying to say it's a combination of charging higher than the average, selling an add on and a bit figure manipulation.

£24k x 12 months is £288000 a year and that I am sceptical about unless there's a big commercial in there to bulk it up.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »
It's all hypothetical Clinton but if you get a £3k job over a weekend it eats into it, what I do find that the big regular money earners with big job tickets are in the south whether it be a more affluent area or more clued up business person.

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »
Not being a greedy man i would like 2 months of that and 10 months holiday perfick :P
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
In answer to Mr Hs I want proof. It is there Piere De Wet, Dave Lee The Guy who is now a property millionaire.

Ian, how did my name get mentioned in the same company as the other two? Don't worry, no problem, I can only assume it's because I am an ex Fast Tracker.
However I am not anywhere near as big on the turnover as they are. Big on the machinery investment, yes, but not on the turnover.
Most of my business comes from repeat customers who for many years know what to expect with regard to my charges. A reasonable annual increase, they can cope with, but even going on the Fast Track after more than 20 years in business, I wasn't going to risk losing that repeat clientele, by quadrupling my prices. I did raise them by 50%, and didn't have any problems, and now charge only average prices, despite the equipment etc.
All I can really add is that, I do believe, those huge turnover figures and if I had done the Fast Track 15 years earlier I would have concentrated on it, and gone flat out as they have done. Yes it does take a big investment in marketing to achieve those figures and this is why the percentage of profit may seem small.
At my stage in this game, my ultimate aim, is for zero marketing costs, resulting in a higher percentage of profit.
Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that's that threaten our business its the L
low charging ones.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

adimarsh

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:22 pm »
Boy's, stop beating your selves up over this. Kev Barber does do these figures.

He does not need to come on here to justify himself to anyone. If you've never been on fast track why critcise? Can't we just run our own businesses without demanding other's prove everything to "the court" of CIU?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 10:37:28 pm »
When people are advertising these figures and selling a school to show you how to there's going to be a load of questions and doubters.

Shaun

adimarsh

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »
Hi Shaun

Ofcourse there will be doubters. They should go on a discovery day and learn (or listen) only then can they criticise.

craigp

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 09:25:51 am »
I think the 24k a month is Pierres figures not Kevins, and with 5 empolyees sounds realistic.

Kevin does also have his wife working for him full time and employes a part time tech, so he's not a one man band.

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:16 am »

Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that threaten our business its the Low charging ones.
Dave.
Well said Dave.  A most valid point, often overlooked by many.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 06:29:25 pm »
I've done it with 2 vans but never with one but I don't charge the FT prices advertised.

Shaun

richy27

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 06:39:04 pm »

Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that threaten our business its the Low charging ones.
Dave.
Well said Dave.  A most valid point, often overlooked by many.
[/quot

Agree 100 %

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 06:54:20 pm »
Wise words Dave. The voice of experience with intelligence.

colin thomas

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:41 pm »
a couple of years ago i was chatting to a chem dry guy who said that although he had something like 5 vans on the road and 10 guys working for him his spendable cash was probably less than mine because of all the outlay he had, offices, an assistant, vans that just go to do surveys, holiday pay, overtime, the list goes on. one man band for me i'm afraid,

colin     ;)
colin thomas