This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daniel Watson

windows are still dirty
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:15 pm »
Being a newbie i am still encountering some problems with the actual cleaning of the windows.

I use wfp and am starting to notice (as are my customers) small specs of dirty water appearing on the windows.

It seems to be dripping off the frames and happening on wooden window frames.

this does not happen to every customer and it leaves me wondering should i be cleaning the frames in the first place?

now i have returned to the houses and re cleaned but still am finding these drip marks.

my water is clean (000 TDS) and i am rinsing the windows properly.

any suggestions

Martin ccs

Re: windows are still dirty
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »
i find sometimes that if a house has been cleaned a few times trad and had a good wipe over on the frames and ledges you dont get a prob when swapping over to wfp.

but when a house is just straight wfp sometimes the frames are so dirty that you are pulling dirt out for a few cleans.

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:06:23 pm »
il bet yuo yused fery liq

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »
It's best to wash and rinse the frames especially the tops and anything that can drip down onto the glass, First cleans I always clean frames vents and glass all round rinsing thoroughly, then go round again and just do the glass, that gives the vents or top frames time to stop dripping, second clean just a quick wipe with the water off will keep the vents reasonably clean, but always where possible clean the tops of the frame before the window below, make sure top openers are scrubbed and rinsed thoroughly also.

failing all that check your TDS at the brush head some hoses can raise your tds overnight.         
Sussex by the sea

gary999

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »
rinse rinse and rinse again i had one today only
a two up two down but frames and windows wre minging.

with these i scrubs frames rinse lots then scrub frames again
then keep rinsing untill i cant see any crap coming down with
the water,then i give my brush a good clean then start on glass
and rinse glass lots.

a ten minute clean in normal circumstances, it can take me half hour sometimes
but i rarely have any issues after initial clean

R W C™

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »
rinse rinse and rinse again i had one today only
a two up two down but frames and windows wre minging.

with these i scrubs frames rinse lots then scrub frames again
then keep rinsing untill i cant see any crap coming down with
the water,then i give my brush a good clean then start on glass
and rinse glass lots.

a ten minute clean in normal circumstances, it can take me half hour sometimes
but i rarely have any issues after initial clean

Totally agree I had 5 1st cleans today took me 4 hours just for these as minging but now the 1st clean is out the way it will be a breeze, got 11 tomorrow oh what a joy  ;D

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:23:54 pm »
hi
on some windows, the frames are not suitable for wfp, ie bad paintwork, white coated alluminium.

on these it is best to try to avoid frames, and just do glass or trad them.

daz

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
have u tried tfring the really dirty windows,  i sometimes do this if they are minging and also scrap them with a blade,  then just rinse and wfp

dmlservices

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:27 pm »
if they are really bad  i use a bucket of gg3, dip my brush in and scrub window prior to wfp, does not require as much rinsing as other chemicals, work great as well

daz

neil100

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:52 pm »
Hello again Daniel.

I am glad to see you took a little of the advice I gave you on the phone the other day and have joined the forum.Welcome.

I will work with you for a few hours free of charge and give you any practical help and advice I can from how to clean a window correctly with perfect results every time and what to look out for that will cause contamination to the glass.

I will also show you how to price up correctly so your prices are a true reflection of the job you are doing. As I said on the phone pricing up at 50p a window is far to cheap.

I will give you practical advice on your system,poles,business,etc as I have to many other w/cleaners switching to wfp. All I ask is to come to some arrangement in Hornby.

WFP is not a magic wand but it can bring you finicial rewards and a thriving business.

All the best and enjoy the forum.

Neil

Daniel Watson

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 08:33:57 am »
Neil,

many thanks for the offer. Any help and advice would be appreciated and an arrangement to work alongside each other sounds good.

and thankyou for all the other advice guys, much appreciated

cozy

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 09:01:14 am »
Anyone know what happened to Ewan? Haven't seen him for ages.