This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Wallace

Re: no wonder he was losing work
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 08:54:05 pm »
I was trad for years and had one way of working and one way of pricing. Good quality at a good price, it takes seconds to wipe a frame with a cloth. I have always been a window cleaner not a glass cleaner.
When I went wfp nothing changed except the speed.
And as for not doing a bungalow for a tenner! its only small and too much more would be daylight robbery. I now get 12 and everyone is happy.
So that's why i was called a glass wall maintenance engineer I missed the frames LOL
   ;D   ;D

dmlservices

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 08:58:06 pm »
I work a street where only one other trad window cleaner cleans.  You could walk along the steet and have a good guess at who cleans what house because the trad window cleaner (who I am on friendly terms with) never touches the frames, and we do.

So houses with clean frames are done by us, and houses with dirty frames but clean glass are done by him.

But I never get his customers coming to ask us to clean their windows!  

There's more to retaining customers than just doing a good job, and the above goes to prove that you can do a 'bad job' and still keep your customers if you've the right personality.

thats so true , i recently did a full upvc clean- fascia, frames windows ect , the windows were shocking- moss growing out of the gap between sills/frame.
i did not think he had a window cleaner- even the windows were bad,
got talking to him over a coffee , he informed me he had a window cleaner , had been coming over 25 yrs, but was a very nice guy and did not want to stop him.

daz

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:40 pm »
im trad and a lot of my top frames on upstairs windows are as dirty as the ones in the pic!i clean glass and sills but ill be changing over to wfp soon so its a good selling point to tell em ill be cleaning frames as well at no extra cost!although higher priced new work get frames in as as a standard clean! ;)

cant wait to get started wfp now!! ;) :D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

weetot

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:18 pm »
That must be me they're on about.   ;D    
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:35 pm »
ow close daz ???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »
prob be a month to 6 weeks.ill be gettin a backpack and 4 containers for starters for a couple of big country houses and a few commercial jobs then a pure freedom trolley 50L system not long after.

ive just bought a new van/insurance/new exhaust and im gonna get the cambelt done and a service soon.

im just shelling out all the time lately and i will be for the next few months! ::)but itll be worth it in the end!! ;D ;D ;D

im earning pretty well but spending it as quick!! ::) ;) :) :)

Darranvps

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 09:25:42 pm »
What kind of poles you going to buy?

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:23 pm »
im thinking of a 25ft brodex hydra alloy for starters.that should cover most of my domestic/commercial and top end residential

regards

dazmond

JSMC

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58:51 pm »
TBh after 1st clean intent to stay away form most vents on windows and only give once over now n then. Too much crap on em and cause loads of problems when rinsing them

karygate

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 07:00:36 am »
seems like most of you are glass cleaners and not window cleaners.
gary

woody1

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 08:01:31 am »
i clean the frame after the first clean it takes seconds to do, i use it as a selling point, :)

tomy jackson

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 08:07:53 am »
hes write if thay bont pay for frames ther not dun ,with WFP its dif ,iv only red the furst post on his fred ,no nead to red any moor as thers lods of windys who dont do em long time windys and makeing good living so dont slag em off  ??? ???

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 08:51:44 am »
prob be a month to 6 weeks.ill be gettin a backpack and 4 containers for starters for a couple of big country houses and a few commercial jobs then a pure freedom trolley 50L system not long after.

ive just bought a new van/insurance/new exhaust and im gonna get the cambelt done and a service soon.

im just shelling out all the time lately and i will be for the next few months! ::)but itll be worth it in the end!! ;D ;D ;D

im earning pretty well but spending it as quick!! ::) ;) :) :)

I have been a w/c for 19 years, only 6 months wfp.
I have shurflo & wcw backpacks (thers are very good tools) and have tried a trolley.  I would recommend that you get a tank for your van rather than go the trolley route, you'll save yourself some physical pain and money in the long run.  I have an estate but am going for a van soon. BTW the 25 ft hydra is a good pole, but the gooseneck and brush are not too good, just replace them when worn out The 3 years guarantee is good as well, i know because Brodex honoured it no quibbles.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 09:35:23 pm »
JON BOY im gettin a trolley as i think itll suit big chunks of my work.also i can take barrels out the back and use the van for other things.also i can bring the trolley in overnight on freezing nights.

i dont want trailing hoses everywhere goin across roads etc.i hate the thought of being tied to the van all the time.it wouldnt work i dont think on a lot of my very compact work.

the lifting and changing of the barrels ill get used to.ive weighed it up and trolley/backpack will do me for starters.i can purify on demand if low on water as tap water is around 35 tds round here.ill have 12 25L containers ratchet strapped in the back of van and a small di/hose for top up if needed.

regards

dazmond

jonboywalton75

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 10:08:09 am »
Sounds like you've thought it through, hope it works well for you.
I cover Runcorn/Warrington and Northwich and Chester way, where are you based?
Just being nosy, LOL.
Cheers,
Jon

traps7

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »
TBh after 1st clean intent to stay away form most vents on windows and only give once over now n then. Too much crap on em and cause loads of problems when rinsing them

Spot on.