Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Is trade picking up?
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2010, 08:58:28 am »
When most cc started they paid upfront to get work in to start the ball rolling perhaps it's the chicken and egg situation.

Shaun

rich hand

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2010, 09:07:57 pm »
I am finding leaflets have done very little in the last year, probably 1 call per 1000. After putting out 30k I have come to the conclusion that customers may have built up some defense against them, whether it the familiar design or leaflets in general I am not sure but have stopped leafleting. Previously this leaflet gave 5 calls per 1000.

Instead I have been putting out postcards in the same areas with less info on and a more straight forward offer and the response is back up to over 5 calls per 1000. Early days yet though, need to put more out to get a better idea.

JandS

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:10 am »
I find the glossy postcards work well.
Getting calls now form when I tramped the streets
when all the snow was about.
They are more expensive than leaflets though.
Can't talk about leaflets because never used them.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

chrisjohn

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »
John kindly sent me his postcard,very impressive.I just seem to think customers are more likely to keep postcards,rather than flimsy leaflets.

Chris.

wayne zabel

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 06:41:47 pm »
Thats true.I have A6 postcards and got a call yesterday from cards I put out in January.

As most know on here I'm currently operating at weekends and evenings whilst still got the day job.I'm getting quite a few calls now and been really busy for the last 4 weeks,really thinking about going full time CC now.

Ive never been a risk taker but thinking seriously about taking a huge one now - the thought of making more money for half the hours really is tempting.

derek west

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »
i'll garauntee the day you quit your job you'll have the quietist period ever, sods law. :(

jasonl

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 06:48:45 pm »
Thats true.I have A6 postcards and got a call yesterday from cards I put out in January.

As most know on here I'm currently operating at weekends and evenings whilst still got the day job.I'm getting quite a few calls now and been really busy for the last 4 weeks,really thinking about going full time CC now.

Ive never been a risk taker but thinking seriously about taking a huge one now - the thought of making more money for half the hours really is tempting.

I did the same in 1993 after 18 months part time, while in a full time job ,, very hard , yet  worth it , keep going, it will pay off.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 06:50:52 pm »
I have this week full, couple of spots free for small jobs
half of next week full,
week after have a 2 day sandstone floor job at 750+vat
last week of month have 2 jobs booked in
This is most i have had booked in advance for ages, things seem to be picking
up on the domestic side, actually its commercial that has been busiest.

Seems to be lots of people moving at moment, which is always a good sign

Need to find time to get on a good hard floor course, getting lots of enquiries.

Andrew

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:37 pm »
i'll garauntee the day you quit your job you'll have the quietist period ever, sods law. :(

how true!

Same happens just after you've bought some expensive new machine as well.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

derek west

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2010, 06:55:05 am »

how true!

Same happens just after you've bought some expensive new machine as well.

Roger

and taken on your part timer full time cos was was busy, fingers crossed i get this hotel i'm quoting today.

clinton

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:39 am »
Think once you have gone full time wayne you will be able to offer your services in the week as not sure the evenings and weekends are a benefit for the clients ???

Am usually busy in may and the start is looking good and 3 large jobs on the commercial side and two was from my web sites  :)

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2010, 10:05:36 pm »
There has been a small pick up in work. Also I have made time to visit some of the local dry cleaners and carpet/floor shops. I have have various amounts of work from these sources in the past.

If nothing else I can usually blag a cuppa.  ;)

Cheers
Mike
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

garry22

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 01:48:51 pm »
Weird or what?

Dead quiet, then FOUR commercial jobs come in in one morning.

Garry

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 04:57:11 pm »
Weird or what?

Dead quiet, then FOUR commercial jobs come in in one morning.

Garry

That will play havoc on your cash flow. I once had a two week commercial job, half way through that I had a call from another commercial client wanting the week after. So I ended up in a position where I had no pay for 1 month then had to wait a further 1 month for payment.

Is always nice when your stacked out with domestics then the postie drops a few juicy commercial cheques through from the previous month, for a short moment you feel rich! ;D

Pete

adimarsh

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »
Is always nice when your stacked out with domestics then the postie drops a few juicy commercial cheques through from the previous month, for a short moment you feel rich! ;D

Pete

Yep, and then the ad bill drops through the letter box, and the accountants bill, and the bank charges, and the road tax etc etc etc.

How is it that as soon as you get a decent balance in the bank everyone else seem's to know and sends you a bill? ???

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2010, 05:44:45 pm »
Trade picking up? It did and everything was rosy.....all of a sudden it's gone dead again.
Just what the flock is going on?
Busy...dead...busy...dead...busy...dead previous years it's gone up and down understandably but never a constant flick from one extreme to another.
Perhaps our glorious leaders will finally get their act together, make a decision so the country can get moving again.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »
Yep, very good week last week - this week bits and pieces.
One extreme to the other, been this way for the last 6-8 weeks.

wayne zabel

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »
As a part time newbie I was picking up about 5/6 jobs a week and was thinking about going full time then not a call for 6 days!!!!

Is it always like this?

Just got 2 bookings through web enquiries today but thats it.

JandS

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010, 05:54:16 pm »
Bit like you Neil all year, busy -  dead - busy - dead.
Glad I still kept some of my old work.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2010, 06:06:56 pm »
Is strange at the moment, This week I am ok next week I had no jobs for next week untill booking 2 in today very strange times. I had the best Feb March and Since Easter it has been very bity.