Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Is trade picking up?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58:04 am »
lots of people out there need thier carpets cleaning, if they are not ringing you they are ringing someone else, so I have to disagree its all about the marketing.

I'm so busy I'm not returning calls left on my answer machine ( Vodafone 121) if they want me they will call again. the reason I'm busy is my marketing is non-stop, even though I don't need more calls I'm still doing the same marketing month after month.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

sherco

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:06 am »
lots of people out there need thier carpets cleaning, if they are not ringing you they are ringing someone else, so I have to disagree its all about the marketing.

I'm so busy I'm not returning calls left on my answer machine ( Vodafone 121) if they want me they will call again. the reason I'm busy is my marketing is non-stop, even though I don't need more calls I'm still doing the same marketing month after month.

What marketing do you do?
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 07:24:52 am »
leaflets, min 30k a month... every month

sherco

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 07:31:49 am »
leaflets, min 30k a month... every month
Do you do the same areas every month.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 01:37:51 pm »
mike what am i suddenly doing wrong then ? i put out 20000 leaflets every month i have 6 websites im on yell.com and on adwords . ive been doing this for over 5 years so why has it gone quiet because as you can see it aint my fault .

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »
lots of people out there need thier carpets cleaning, if they are not ringing you they are ringing someone else,

Now I disagree.
Everyone who has a carpet or owns a suite that has not had it cleaned in the last 12 months needs it doing, so that probably amounts to 30 million properties around the country.
The difference between 'Needs' 'Wants' and can 'Afford' to are a totally different ball game.
I think you're missing the point Mike. Most of us who have high ranking web site with advertising other than 30,000 leaflets have noticed a huge down turn in the number of enquiries we are getting, and you have to start at the enquirey stage....unless your leaflets are offering such low prices to entice people in.
I'm not saying you do, but if I knew no different and I suddenly got a leaflet saying all carpets cleaned in a 3 bed property for £40 I would probably be on the phone to them. Difference is I don't think there is one person on here who does that sort of thing, well I hope they don't anyway.
There's no douting it the British population is scared sense less at the moment about what will happen after next week, and you can't get away from that. The choice between sitting on a dirty sofa or having £100 in the bank is a no brainer for millions at the moment.

Joe H

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 04:26:07 pm »
I alwyas reckoned this year could be a lot harder then last year.

I reckon whoever gets in on Thursday, they will have a budget within a couple months and we will be paying taxes like we aint seen for a long time - VAT increase is a cert to me, and even some/most vat exempt at the moment will be VAT'd

clinton

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 05:35:20 pm »
You could be right joe and if it does go up to 20pcnt the clients will be paying more if the carpet cleaners are vat reg..

Mike Halliday

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 06:36:43 pm »
Neil I find your post confusing....

I also have a high ranking website usually the top 3 positions but if I relied on that I'd be skint. perhaps you should stop seeing the internet as the Nirvana of marketing and get back to doing stuff that works

my leaflets has no prices and I'm in the top 3 of the higher priced carpet cleaners in my area.

if someone is so worried they need  £100 kept in the bank I doubt they would be a customer of mine anyhow.

all I seem to be reading is excuses and people feeling sorry for themselves.....

the big bad world is not calling them. so it must be the economy's fault,  or the election or the cheap carpet cleaners who are cleaning suites fro £30  ::) ::)

any excuse  as long as its not their own fault

bennymon

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »
mike what am i suddenly doing wrong then ? i put out 20000 leaflets every month i have 6 websites im on yell.com and on adwords . ive been doing this for over 5 years so why has it gone quiet because as you can see it aint my fault . but  why aint it working

Mike Halliday

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 06:55:15 pm »
sorry Bennymon no idea :-[

where has the last 20 jobs you have done come from? is it a mixture of everything?

are you sure nothing has changed?

bennymon

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »
of the last 20   8 old customers 8 leaflets 4 internet

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 07:07:09 pm »
30k leaflets would cost me £750 to get delivered...then there is the printing cost.....
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »
£750 delivery £250 printing

so a grand a month- £250 a week.

not a days pay to keep you working for 7 days. whats the problem :D :D.

james roffey

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:30 pm »
Its all well and good leafleting but finding someone reliable to deliver them is another thing altogether i am doing my own because the last time i paid for delivery 10,000 went out not a single call, so i went knocking on doors, could not find anyone who had received one, and other times i have been let down this is my biggest headache at the moment, i dont want them delivered with the local free papers as they are less affective, its a bl..dy nightmare :(

derek west

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 07:35:44 pm »
royal mail have an offer, 3 weeks @£36.50 a 1000. then its £53.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:18 pm »
I don't disagree with your numbers Mike - but if you've got no work on then a grand a month is a lot of money.

markpowell

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 07:40:43 pm »
mike what am i suddenly doing wrong then ? i put out 20000 leaflets every month i have 6 websites im on yell.com and on adwords . ive been doing this for over 5 years so why has it gone quiet because as you can see it aint my fault . but  why aint it working

Who is delivering them?
Are they definately getting done?
Have you thought about changing the content of the leaflet?
Pop it on here, maybe someone can comment.]
20,000 every month, you should be getting run raggied mate.
MArk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 07:45:56 pm »
Steve  that's the catch 22 situation............ unless you spend it you won't have it.

the problem is people wait until its too late, they are skint so start to think how to get more work in. but then they don't have the finances to launch a marketing campaign.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 07:52:05 pm »
Think your right there mike they say the best time to advertise is in a ressesion. And push for discount on ad.

The working 7 days scares me kills horses and wears out tractors. ;D

Even god only done 6 so i will stick with him on that one :D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk