This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chopsie

What reading can you use DI only and how?
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:42 pm »
I have found in my old home town that TDS is around 80ppm,where i live now its over 280ppm.I do a good bit of work over there and pick my kids up there regularily.I was wondering if this would be ok to do DI only, and how do i do it in the van?
chopsie

Re: What reading can you use DI only and how?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:30:40 pm »
280 tds is defo R O first will cost you a packet if you only go D I .

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:36:27 pm »
I know.I already use ro and DI to make my water at home (280+ppm) But was thinking i could fill up direct from mates house while over there if I run out and use DI only,or just to save me time in the evening
chopsie

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:38:32 pm »
I know.I already use ro and DI to make my water at home (280+ppm) But was thinking i could fill up direct from mates house while over there if I run out and use DI only,or just to save me time in the evening
get a booster pump and a 4040 that will make water fast as anything, what size tank do you have ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

chopsie

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »
400 litre,Also are 4040 about a grand? I just surely i will be better off just topping up over there when needed?
chopsie

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:03 pm »
could be well less than an hour to fill that with ro and di
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

chopsie

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 09:45:03 pm »
my 300 gpd ro and di takes around 12 hours to fill my 280 litre water butt!!!!
chopsie

Ian W

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »
I think you can fill up with di using 80tds water Chopsie. You would just need suitable connectors to fit the tap and I believe that some people use twin di vessels to lower the tds level then give a final polish.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:53:17 pm »
I have a 4040 unpumped and makes 2000l over night. and a pumjp and you will be shocked how quick it fills, saves you loads of time, this is why I went straight for the 4040 in the first place, I then bought a merlin and a 300gpd so I could see what they really are like. slow is the answer ans slow things in my world cost time that i dont have much of.

it would pay go get a better ro unit, 80 tds in resin will be eating it big time even with twin di ( I use them on my 4040. Ask Dave morris he did the same for a time.

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 09:54:27 pm »
I thought you could just fill up tank in van.then run water through DI before it gets to the hose reel........somehow  ???
chopsie

daz1977

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 09:56:38 pm »
hi chop

u can fill up tank then run it to pump then in to a di vessel then out to reel, as this is what i do my tds is between 35 - 95, email me at bmwc@live.com and i will send u a pic of my set up

daz1977

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 10:02:38 pm »
here is my set up, the bracket in the middle is where the di vessel goes,,  the pumps draws the water from tank, in to the vessel then out to the reel

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »
I have a 4040 unpumped and makes 2000l over night. and a pumjp and you will be shocked how quick it fills, saves you loads of time, this is why I went straight for the 4040 in the first place, I then bought a merlin and a 300gpd so I could see what they really are like. slow is the answer ans slow things in my world cost time that i dont have much of.

it would pay go get a better ro unit, 80 tds in resin will be eating it big time even with twin di ( I use them on my 4040. Ask Dave morris he did the same for a time.

That's nonsense Ian. ::)

90ppm here, 400ltr van mount, regularly top that up on site & I use only TWO bags of resin per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a grand anual total cost of £145.

What D.morris knows about DI systems I could write on a stamp! ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »

Something wrong there, Chopsie.  I had a 300gpd and it would fill my 1000lt tank in about 8-10 hours.  Have you got a booster pump?

My RO-man 40-40 fills two 1000lt tanks in 6-7 hours.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 11:51:16 pm »

absolute rubbish what you paid for your r o will keep me in resin for 5 years d i only

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 02:37:45 am »
I was chatting to a mate that builds RO s He told me that larger bases D I work better and faster than narrow based D I He said it was the diameter not the height that made the difference.

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 07:33:54 am »

That's nonsense Ian. ::)

90ppm here, 400ltr van mount, regularly top that up on site & I use only TWO bags of resin per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a grand anual total cost of £145.

What D.morris knows about DI systems I could write on a stamp! ;)
No that is not nonsence at all, you clearly do very little work :P

daz1977

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:25 am »
if you want to get the max out of your resin, use a twin set up as this will extend the life of your water

or you could get your self a big di vessel and get old resin off other wc fill this up and use this to fill your tank and and then use a smaller di in the van,  this will make it last longer, plus you will get max use of the resin, that a lot bin after 005,  u could easily use this up to 40-50, so the water in the tank would be 40-50 then just run this through a 1 di set up

this is what i do and saves me a fortune, plus i am a tight arse lol

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 08:08:02 am »
if you want to get the max out of your resin, use a twin set up as this will extend the life of your water

or you could get your self a big di vessel and get old resin off other wc fill this up and use this to fill your tank and and then use a smaller di in the van,  this will make it last longer, plus you will get max use of the resin, that a lot bin after 005,  u could easily use this up to 40-50, so the water in the tank would be 40-50 then just run this through a 1 di set up

Chpsie could use resin upto 80ppm or whatever the tap tds is. ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:34 am »

Chpsie could use resin upto 80ppm or whatever the tap tds is. ;)
tHAT IS TRUE BUT IF HE IS USING IT LIKE THIS EVERYDAY IT WILL COST HIM ALOT MORE THAN 2 BAGS OF RESIN A YEAR, sry for shouting.

unless your water is about 30tds then an ro will save you money over time, I have no choice as the tds here is over 470 :( I use twin di's and I use about 2 bags of resin a year.

Blue Monkeys tip is a great idea if you know other window cleaners  ;)

Ian
p.s what a great day it is today  ;D