This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Add-Ons, such as gutter and soffit cleaning.
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:49:53 pm »
In the past I've avoided doing gutter cleans like the plague.  I didn't like doing the extra-height unfooted and Wor Lass didn't like footing my ladder; standing around bored.

But not I've a trusty Rojak, I quite like them and plan them for times when Wor Lass isn't working with me.

So, for a straight forward gutter clean (ie scrape out the mess) on a three-bedroomed semi I charge £20 per side and find it can be done in around 30 minutes. 

So a £40 job for half an hour seems fine to me.

If it's just a soffit clean I charge £20 per front or back.  So £40 again - but this does take longer.

If it's both a gutter clean and soffit clean I charge £30 per side.

I've got myself organised.  For gutter cleaning, I've a bucket with a hook attached to the handle that I use to hang onto the guttering and fill with the rubbish from the gutter.  I also use a pole with a T-bar to pull the dirt towards me in the gutter.  It saves on ladder climbs.

For the soffits, a spray from a spray gun filled with screen wash does the trick and a wipe over with a cloth does the job.

I like these jobs so much I'm going to advertise them to my customers on my 'chit' I put through their letter box when I clean their windows and they're out.

So, how do you guys price these jobs; and have you any tips to make them even easier?

P @ F

Re: Add-Ons, such as gutter and soffit cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:36:08 pm »
WHOOPS  !
 There i go again , underpricing for England !
 I only charge around £30 for the gutters ,soffits and facias , not inside the gutters tho that is extra , thats all 3 sides of your usual 3 bedder !

I am thinkin bout changin name to MUG     lol

Rich    P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

Re: Add-Ons, such as gutter and soffit cleaning.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 10:55:32 pm »
3 bed semi red brick council type £20 per side = £60
3 bed double bay large semi £30 per side = £90

That's  gutters and soffits - including underneath - clean. (Not the muck from insides, just a brush over with the wfp set low on the outside.) Time? 2/3 hours plus setting up, natter and cuppa and packing away 20 mins extra. Gotta be polite at £30 per hour! ;D Don't clear out gutters nowadays but used to add £20 per side.

Conservatories complete outside.

Average 4 panel lean-to £40 - 1 hour plus
Victorian/Edwardian with fancy finials and panels etc £85 - 2.5 hours

Only in the summer for favourite customers mind you cuz I'm too busy at other times!
It's a game of three halves!