This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve k

36 ft powerpole...heavy going!!
« on: August 04, 2005, 06:55:07 pm »
just got a 36ft powerpole...cleaning flats at 30ft or so and it is seriously heavy going...impossible to pull off the window and rinse...well maybe not impossible but a serious strain on the body. Just moving it from window to window was hard graft.
I also found that the jets in the brush head are tiny and push the water out at a great pressure...like a pressure washer at the brush head.
I honestly am fit and pretty strong and have tried all methods of rinsing. I am now only going to rinse by holding brush at top and let a large amount of water runthrough brush head if its a good sheeting window.
I`ll hold it at an angle and run it down either side of glass for beading glass...BUT...the 12" white plastic brush head supplied gets pretty fouled up with dirt, cobwebs, leaves etc. I never had this with a Vikan brusk and thought the powerpole brush was self cleaning in as much as I thought the water running through the brush would be capable of clearing out any debris in the brush fibres.

I cannot imagine how an extra 24ft of pole with water is physically managed...
£500+ for a pole that left me feeling like I had been on an army recruit course after 2 hours...any advice or observations on this would be greatly appreciated and hopefully reassured.

If Glyn is on, should I have opted for the Vikan brush...I didn`t initially because I feel the 16" is a bit too big and has no protective rubber buffer unlike the 10" brush.
Can I take off a section of my 36" pole to clean these 30ft flats a bit more comfortably? if so, is it the bottom pole I take off and how?

If John Garnett is on... when you are cleaning bottom end of your area...a bit nearer to the pool of life...give me a call so I can get up there and see how you use the bigger powerpoles...it CANNOT be this physically difficult or NO-ONE would be able to sell these things ???

Windows Chepstow... a couple of days of this and I will be back on the road to P-Company fitness...might even dust off the beret and give HQ a ring to see if they want an old sweat back in the ranks. ;)

www.mrgutters.co.uk

Re: 36 ft powerpole...heavy going!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 07:06:28 pm »
hi mate

i have the same pole used it today , i feel physically drained it is so heavy whenfully extented at 36 foot WOW its hard work i used mine at around 25 foot .. the best thing i find is take the top two sections off still high enuf for 3 storey town houses i did today .

you can get an adapter for the pole i have one you take either the top 2 or 1 pole off and this adapts for whichever one you need . works well i have the 16 inch brush well big .

my mate was using tucker pole , nice and lightweight but prone to breaking the aliminuim gets brittle , one consolation your pole will almost not break . ha ha

what an effort just to type this my arms are really aching!!!!

shawn ;D ;D ;D ;D
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

sair

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 07:34:14 pm »
 i use it fully extended no problems .i am quite small man  then bring down onto lower windows . have used it for long time best pole on market . you wll get used to it try not to fight it on the rinse ,i find i drop it into my hip lean back slightly and just gently twist side to side i find i prefer the 10 inch head or the sill brush bit weightier but dont have to scrub so much . the water comes out well you just need an electronic control for your pump to reduce the flow , i wont try and flog you my eco flow , there are different ones on market that do the same job.
if you think 36 pole is heavy work dont try back pack was using it half a day wednesday its third my body weight full up.up and down 6 flights stairs as lifts were key holders only that did hurt end day
Essentially Pure Ltd

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 08:33:09 pm »
well tony i will carry on as i do find the pol;e to be well made .. and robust . do you use the sill brush to do the windows too ?

shawn ;D

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 11:26:34 pm »
If John Garnett is on... when you are cleaning bottom end of your area...a bit nearer to the pool of life...give me a call so I can get up there and see how you use the bigger powerpoles...it CANNOT be this physically difficult or NO-ONE would be able to sell these things

Steve
You can contact me on 01253 777584/ 07906983165 or
thegarnetts2003@yahoo.co.uk and you can try my 52ft pole , anytime
John

gaza

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 11:33:46 pm »
weaklings the lot of you,3rd floor 1 handed Tucker pole for me .

having torn my shoulder muscles 2 years+ ago,still dont get fatigue problems,age 50 {in sept}

Mind you my shoulders must be strong had to carry BRETT through wfp ;D
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 11:57:40 pm »
 ;) hi gaza

thats a bit more info than we need , what you can do one handed with your tucker pole  :o

Blimey 50 in september you dont look a day over 49  ;D

nice to see you back on your feet again - having a laugh !  :D

regards

brett

steve k

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 01:02:47 am »
will do John...thanks... ;)

Gaza, the holding and washing is not a problem...but RINSING...AAARGH!!?? :'(

Ian_Giles

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 06:49:08 am »
Holding the brush off the glass to rinse is not essential, I almost never do and have no problems.
If you have picked up loads of muck and cobwebs from the frames then thats a different matter.
My own pole system is the Unger one, so breaking it down into whatever length you need at any moment is the work of a few seconds. But you get up to 40ft and it is as bendy as hell :-\
Thankfully I'm not extended to that height very often ;) And for all its faults I love its versatillity.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 08:35:13 am »
on my own 80 foot tucker pole for 3 hours weeds..

steve k

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 09:28:07 am »
80 feet...!! didn`t know such a pole existed.

There has to be safety issues with a pole that high...raising it, wind conditions, etc

There is no way you are able to manually rinse at that height.

How do you move it from window to window where there is concrete between windows...it has to come off the glass.

As I said, it is taking the brush head away from the glass that I find a great strain on the body...moving the brush up and down on the glass is no problem at all.

80 feet...let`s have photo of that!!

Old_Master

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 02:16:09 pm »
Steve
Personally and the same goes for our own window cleaning team the Vikan 16" or ledge and sill brush is the prefered brush, thats why we introduced them to the window cleaning industry.
As far as using the 36' PowerPole is concerned you can remove the top pole and the brush asembly will fit into the next tube down.
You will get used to using the 36' and then it will be time to move up to the 48' one ;D
Take it easy dont rush its about skill and not brute strength, their is no need to hold the brush away from the glass. Give me a call from wednesday onwards next week as I am away until then.
Glyn

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 06:32:39 pm »
80 feet one peice of glass 78 feet up and 6 floors down no concrete in between.And yes you can get it "up" on your own and as for wind conditions if your insured you will find that your insurance is invalid if you use wfp  in windy conditions above 10 feet which i  would never do so no there is no problem and yes tucker poles i think are the only ones who do poles that height.
And as you clean the glass month in month out you wont need to bring the brush off the glass you can rinse with the brush gliding across

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 06:36:08 pm »
Steve, I got the 30 foot and need another 8 as it happens -  was quite surprised at how heavy they are on the glass - stuck on like a magnet :-\ but I twist the pole to 'walk' the brush around the frame and that seems to work fine :D

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 07:48:31 pm »
its heavy and hard work but no doubt babout it the omnipole gets the job done i might complain but i am not fit at all ,, ha ha only 22 , i would not change it ,,

shawn ;D

steve k

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 08:21:53 am »
Thanks for tips...
Easyclean...nice job mate ;)
...how did/do you canvass commercial work?
Yellow pages?
Website?
mailing brochures to potential clients?
personal canvassing?

any advice appreciated. ;D