This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve.D

Cloth question
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:34:43 am »
Do any of you cut your Scrim/Microfibre into smaller sizes ? Is hemming cut cloth a neccesity ? The Scrim I bought seems too large to be used as a wiping cloth. Why is it so large ? (the Scrim I ordered was a metre square).

Cheers

Steve

Ian_Giles

Re: Cloth question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 02:09:24 pm »
I would never dream of cutting down a scrim or microfibre, bigger the better so far as I'm concerned, and you will find that the scrim is almost certainly a metre square if you measure it!
Once you have broken it in and used it for a few weeks it soon starts to shrink.
And of course it gradually gets thinner with use too.

I guess some will prefer smaller scrims, but I find they just get damp quicker and you have to keep changing to fresh scrims.
You soon get used to using larger scrims or microfibre, in fact I can't stand the smaller microfibre that Unger do, next to useless in my opinion.
The larger one is superb though.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ray Pickering

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 04:44:04 pm »
Hi Steve.

I cut my scrim's-- find them too big to handle (only got small hands)

If your going to cut them in half get the missus to hem them (i think it was Stevie Boy i listened too) some body also said you will be ironing them next,

If you throw them in the washer without them being hemmed they tangle & fray---i know it happened to me!!

Ray.

baldeagle

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 12:17:54 am »
I cut my scrims too - I keep a couple full size, the rest I cut, some into quarters and some into halves.

You must hem them though, or they fray - fast!!

My youngest daughter has a sewing machine, puts a nice hem in them very quick - nearly straight too!

Baldeagle in Staffordshire
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Perfectly Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:23:37 am »
Ditto......Have cut all mine...Got the micro hemmed but not the scrim wish I had done though....Have been using the micro more and more...must admit im begining to like it...Only negative I find it doesn't glide as good over the glass as a scrim..is this normal???