This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

New kid on the block !
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:26:54 pm »
Hi people,just found this site today and have a fair few q's for you all.
Have been at it now for about a year and i think its time to get wfp.
I only have astra van , not astramax , so space is important , i am looking at getting the 125L streamline setup , my first q is "how long will the water last in terms of number of houses , working on 6 upper windows per house " ? .
Has anybody out there got this system and is it ok for residencial work , thats all i do at the moment .
The best price i have found is £777 from wintecs all in i believe, can it be gotten cheaper ?
I live in plymouth and a supplier down here charges   £995 for just the tank and filters, no hoses or poles or reels included, so its obviously gonna pay me to look about before buying.
All help greatly appreciated ..

Rich   Panes and frames
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Re: New kid on the block !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 07:28:01 am »
Rich, this is Matts excellent guide to diy wfp - even if you don't go that route, it is a valuable insight into how the whole thing can be put together and means your are less likely to feel you have to buy the complete system.

I put my own van mount system together buying everything from different sources eg. tank second hand
don't pay through the nose for a tank but do get the fitting absolutely right

A lot of guys carry 25l containers to top up during the day so you don't just have to have one tank
Why not find out the payload of your motor and see what you can put in

If you are working all day and doing the upstairs wfp and downstairs trad, you might be ok with the 125 plus a couple of 25's as back up but others will be able to answer that better

Good Luck

http://d.co.uk/

matt

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:43:56 am »
that is a rather good site :) thank you ;)

seriously though, i do upstaris only and use 100 L sometimes 125 L's of water

i use the trolley system on that said site, and it works a treat, i have a thing about hoses trailing all over the place and the trolley does away with that (but each to his own)

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:20:39 pm »
 I like the practicality of the trolley setup , but i just prefer the idea of havin it all in the van for some reason , the 125L kit should be ok for the work i have.
Im not all that sure on the exact way the system works , but i am led to believe
 that i wont need the RO parts as i am in the southwest , is this true that i will
only need the mixed bead filter as the TDS is low down here ?
I would rather pay the £777 for the van setup from wintecs than take the harder route of builing the trolley up for £550 {is that right}

Rich   P @ F

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 10:41:19 pm »
I'm in the process of buying a backpack system and would also like to know if i need to buy a complete RO system as i live in the southwest also. Was about to order one from  RO-Man but saw this post first.
Cheers
Craig ::)

ChInEaPpLe PuNkS

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 05:47:36 pm »
Hi,

Me and 3 window cleaning mates have this system (the 125litre streamline) and it's great. One of them has an astra estate and it fits perfectly in the estate section. I'd reccommend it for sure, and certainly for small to medium size residential rounds. We use it on all our windows (tops and bottoms). Although you have to fill up a few times in the day, this just gives you chance to have a few brews. Does'nt matter though - your'e talking minimum of £200 an 8 hour day if your prices are right. It's earning potential is incredible for such a cheap system. Get it off wintecs - they're great to deal with. ONE THING though - on the upgrade section, I'd certainly move up to the universal 18' pole as opposed to the extender 18', as it is a superior pole. Any more questions, just email me at jonboyy2k@supanet.com.

Jon

Michael D

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 08:33:04 pm »
Hi 
   I`ve just set up my system from wintec  i started off with the £777 one but upgraded tank to 400lt and pole 36ft price came to just £1000 thats with hose , reel , pump , filter. online filter, and a bag of resin. Very easy to set up in a van. I would recamend wintec to anyone who is setting up a system on price and service

herbiefatboy

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 09:01:21 pm »
what size van do you need  for a 400lt tank will it fit in a peugeot  partner thanks

Michael D

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 10:09:23 pm »
Hi
    A 400 lt tank is about 4 ft long by 4ft high and 15 in wide.  I brought a VW CT35 thinking i would need a lot of space. I could fit a 1000lt tank in as well still with room.
       With the 400lt i fill up about twice a day once in the morning and at lunch at the mo i am doing about min £100 a day depending on work load. I am learning more about the system everyday. let me know if you need any advice.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 08:59:39 am »
Hi Mike D ,
                 I have a Q for you , you said you filled up a 400L tank twice a day and earn in the region of £100 per day , that seems to be a lot of water for a hundred quids worth of work . What sort of work do you do ?
I only ask cos i read on here that one of the guys uses 250L and gets in the region of £180 per day !
I did order the 125L tank but decided to upgrade to 175L , using your figures it works out that i would only earn max of £25 per tank , shucks if thats all then i better stick to my ladders 10L  £80 !

Can anybody throw some light on this , houses only , what does your water earn you per tank ?

Rich   P @ F