This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

whilst using wfp have you have any trips or slips or have the public triped due to your hose

i have triped over due to wfp
48%
12 (48%)
i have sliped due to wfp
28%
7 (28%)
the public have triped due to wfp

0 (0%)
i have had a bad neck ach
24%
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 10

ivesonswc

whilst using wfp have you have any trips or slips
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:50:42 am »
just honest anwsers please

elite mike

Re: whilst using wfp have you have any trips or slips
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:00:30 am »
yep i managed to step of a wall last year :'( ::)

even though it damn well hurt at the time, i was not badly hurt ;D

teach me to pay attention  :-[ :)

mike

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:22 am »
what is triped? or sliped?

never slipped or tripped using wfp, like everything isnt it down to not paying attention and therefore not doing your job properly in a safe manner?

Dont you do risk assessments? i thought all 'proper' window cleaners did this?

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:10 am »
have slipped but that was due to the floor, ie old tiles in peoples back not cleaned by them, if you know what i mean,   the only prob i got with wfp is snagging of the hose on walls

formb

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:25 am »
While doing a skylight on an aluminium roof I slipped.

I had done the job before with a squeegee without a problem. But because I was using WFP it was very wet and became slippery.

Luckily I was wearing a harness at the time so no injuries.

Got a stiff neck when I first switched to WFP but it was gone after first couple of months.

My knees have improved since stopping ladders though.

ivesonswc

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:10:43 am »
sorry about the spelling error not had enough coffee yet i do have risk assessments done for my business all i am trying to do is highlight that wfp is not all ways the safer option

Ste M

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:14:23 am »
The danger is not the job, its the user.

I was a lift engineer for years and thats one of the most dangerous jobs (according to H&S) never once had an accident due to the training and constant risk/method statements.

All this trad v wfp with uses and safety is really boring me and constantly comes up on here. I use what is the best and safest tool for the job. Nothing is safer or better its just what is most suited to that particular job

ivesonswc

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:16:05 am »
see wfp is not always safer if old tiles in peoples back garden are not cleaned by them you go on the next job the old lady goes out to put a plant put back slips on a slippery tile and dies due to the window cleaner leaving the floor wet the cleaner would be to blame

ivesonswc

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:17:19 am »
The danger is not the job, its the user.

I was a lift engineer for years and thats one of the most dangerous jobs (according to H&S) never once had an accident due to the training and constant risk/method statements.

All this trad v wfp with uses and safety is really boring me and constantly comes up on here. I use what is the best and safest tool for the job. Nothing is safer or better its just what is most suited to that particular job

i agree  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 10:18:00 am »
sorry about the spelling error not had enough coffee yet i do have risk assessments done for my business all i am trying to do is highlight that wfp is not all ways the safer option

maybe you should keep it simple and just look at the risk to public, maybe state yellow hose and pole hose to make max visability to public.

the safety to user is mainly down to knowing your kit and surroundings - hard to by looking up and walking along without bumping into a pot or something - just watch out for those ponds!

elite mike

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:18:53 am »
what is triped? or sliped?

never slipped or tripped using wfp, like everything isnt it down to not paying attention and therefore not doing your job properly in a safe manner?

Dont you do risk assessments? i thought all 'proper' window cleaners did this?

i have been a window cleaner working for myself for nearly 30 years

and i like to think that i work as safe as i can, but we all have lapses in concentration  ::)

i gave an honest answer on here , as a warning to others

that it can happen to the best of us at times

so take it easy ,and have a happy easter

mike

cleewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:21:39 am »
to be honest doing wfp you shouldnt be falling off buildings,roofs or walls you just have a pole big enough for the job or you just dont do it.simple?
However i have had a few trips.........

To the seaside.then again i only live round the corner from the beach.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15:13 am »
see wfp is not always safer if old tiles in peoples back garden are not cleaned by them you go on the next job the old lady goes out to put a plant put back slips on a slippery tile and dies due to the window cleaner leaving the floor wet the cleaner would be to blame

Perhaps God should put out "wet floor" signs every time it rains or snows?  ::)

The original poll should have "how many plant pots have you pulled over" option and then I could put One bazillion! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

gewindows

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15:56 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

They always break Malc hey  ;)

formb

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 11:18:20 am »
to be honest doing wfp you shouldnt be falling off buildings,roofs or walls you just have a pole big enough for the job or you just dont do it.simple?
However i have had a few trips.........

If someone asks me to quote for a job I will use the method which is safest "where reasonably practicable". If this means I go up on the roof then I go up on the roof.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 11:28:52 am »

Where is the option for no slips or trips?
Bit bias on the poll isnt it?
I havent tripped or slipped using wfp neither has any of my cusotmer or the general public.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

trevor perry

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 06:47:16 pm »

The original poll should have "how many plant pots have you pulled over" option and then I could put One bazillion! ;D

may be he should put edge protection around cliff edges too ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 07:20:02 pm »
Like a fool tripped over my own hose, I felt very silly.
Gave me quite a swollen knee which didn't go for days.
Doctor told me to take 2 weeks off. Like I can do that!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »

I've done a few of those too Malc.  I think plant pots, washing lines, and cables from house to garage should all be made illegal   :)