This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomtommy

George - Forward Capacity
« on: August 02, 2005, 04:10:09 pm »
People with George -  -  -

How do you manage forward capacity?

Am trying to figure out how to get a good view of work loading going forward and am finding that the diary view doesn't give me a good handle on available work slots

Thanks

T

The Bear

Re: George - Forward Capacity
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 05:37:44 pm »
If you go to Income Forcast and set a date in the future it will tell you how much work is forcast.

It will depend on your work, is it repeat or single job work?

Either way it gives you a total income for the month.

As yet you don't get a projection in Diary View, but i'm sure Paul will work on it.

tomtommy

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 06:56:39 pm »
Thanks, The Bear
Understand your answer - our problem is that we can't see how much time we have left in our schedule going forward.

When your quoting for a new job what do you use to guide you when you have available slots?

Ta

Tom

The Bear

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:09:10 pm »
We dont tend to book many jobs to a specific day, we have 80% domestic, so they expect us within 6 weeks of our last visit.

It's on of the benefits of being full to capacity, we are trying to shed work and it keeps finding us.

I have e-mailed George and asked them to consider a "Diary View" that is continual.

That would help.

By the way, did you buy a franchise, or is the company yours?

George Systems

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:26:00 pm »
Hi Tom

I will answer the direct eMail you sent me - but in the meantime maybe some of our users might be able to give you some ideas.

Remember, I'm a programmer - I don't actually use George...

Paul

tomtommy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
Thanks, Guys

We are going to create a spreadsheet to manage this in the short - to - medium term

Re uhps Ltd - It's our own business

Best

Tom

Trademark WC

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 08:22:11 pm »

Hi mate,

I'm the same as you I purchased george but I don't use it because of this fact !! the diary view is very poor and seriously needs addressing and also the screen size needs to be made bigger.

Apart from that its a tidy little program, shame I have bought it and can't use it :(

Rob

The Bear

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 08:24:08 pm »
The screen size has now been enlarged, download the most recent update

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/

I suppose for you new boys, having vacant days is a problem, maybe you should canvass to increase your work.

Trademark WC

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 09:38:51 pm »

I suppose for you new boys, having vacant days is a problem, maybe you should canvass to increase your work.

LOL !! it's actually quite the opposite we are forward planning and you must be stuck in the same routines month in month out  ;D

Rob

Mick (UHPS)

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 09:56:10 pm »

LOL !! it's actually quite the opposite we are forward planning and you must be stuck in the same routines month in month out  ;D

Rob

That’s exactly the issue we are having  ;) We can canvass new customers but we just need to see if the different frequencies are going to clash further down the line, especially if we start dropping the odd big commercial job into the equation as well. ( I wish  :o8)

The Bear

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 10:44:19 pm »
Buy a diary ;D

Rob_B

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 08:08:17 am »
If you use a palm for pocket george, the palm desktop software has a date book which is great for this.

I had a problem with georges diary view as some jobs I did 3 times a week only showed up on the first date. It then looks like you have more time on the following 2 days than you actually had.

The palm date book has sorted this. It also loads up to your pda when you hotsync.