Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

conallon

Re: Belgian Wiltons with HWE
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 01:16:14 pm »
hi Daniel
               did not know it was you, would have rung you but i know your playing with your new kit, good look with your cc business

kind regards Conrad

p.s. might get my wrists slapped off doug  :'( if you take a look on cleaning
pros start up section there is some pics of bw there  ;)

any questions or probs do not hesitate to ring me

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 02:51:38 pm »
Conrad,

I would not slap your wrists , constructive sharing of info is what the forums are about.

One way of spotting a BW is that you can see the pattern from the backing.

Another is the harsh feel ,( polypropylene ) if you rub your knuckles vigourously on a BW they will become hot and sore due to the friction.

A real wool Wilton has a nice soft feel.

Another is to burn a loose fibre , it will melt if its PP and form a black globule.

And last but not least is the flotation test, a PP fibre will float in water even if you wet it out , whereas a wool one will sink if wetted.

Cheers,

Doug

Martin Tradewell

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 10:51:23 pm »
I'd like to ask Red Carpet how he liked the course , and the Extracta machines. I'm thinking of going that route myself.
Cheers.

the red carpet

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 08:46:23 am »
hi martin,
im going on the course on the 20th of this month so il let you know as soon as i get back as for the machines just got mine iv got the excell with the scrubba delux seems fine to me, but its the first machine iv used so ive got nothing to compare it with, quite heavy and bulky though i dont know if you have seen there catalouge or not but they reckon all the equipment will fit in any normal family car i cant see that happening myself

conallon

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 09:36:57 am »
Hi Dani
all the equipment will fit in the back of a normal family car with the back seats down the hard part is getting the excell in and out,however if you tilt the excell on its back wheels rest front wheels on lip of van,lift and push you will get it in and out very easily with out the need of a ramp.

Conrad

Doug Holloway

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 09:45:07 am »
Daniel,

You will get used to moving the Exel but be very careful with the metal studs which stick out from the sides.

These are lethal at chipping paint from doors etc.

I found it best to place a towell across these studs to give some protection.

cheers,

Doug