This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Bear

Personal Accident Cover
« on: August 01, 2005, 07:47:26 am »
Who has Personal Accident Cover,

How Much?

Where From?

I was with CIS but fell out with them as thy refused to pay my dad over a claim

The Bear

Re: Personal Accident Cover
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 06:00:16 pm »
Interesting isn't it.

All this talk of H&S etc, and no-one has personal accident cover!!

What does that say?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 06:08:47 pm »
I think it says we all think we're safe.
However, this job can be anything but...

I did have some, but it got cancelled when I had a debt reshuffle and I've never restarted it.
I should do really, but I guess I don't want to pay out for something I may not use. :-\

Maybe a lot of people have wfp, and the worst injury your likely to get is a pulled muscle of some sort.

Roger.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 06:24:42 pm »
Interesting isn't it.

All this talk of H&S etc, and no-one has personal accident cover!!

What does that say?

I do have some accident and sickness cover.  However, it doesn't pay out during the first 6 months.  If I ever needed to claim on it, money would probably be the least of my problems.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 07:02:39 pm »
Being ex-forces I had PAX accident and death insurance and carried on with it when I left the army (EX-PAX).  I pay £23 per month and I haven't a clue what I'm covered for.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 07:23:54 pm »
I used to have cover but the premiums increased and the payback would never be enough to cover my needs and if it was it would be way to expensive. I have a plan (b)restructure the work and employe some one else plan (c) get the family to muck in or we loose everything, I,d like to think plan (c) would work????

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

dai

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:02:20 pm »
I still have one with AXA. They are not doing that one any more but as long as I keep renewing they can't cancell it. The terms were that you paid £25 per year for each £50 a week benefit. I pay £100 a year for £200
a week benefit payable for a year. Try a good broker he may be able to help you. DAI

steve k

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 08:24:54 pm »
I have a policy with Pinnacle Insurance which will pay out £1100 a month after 30 days of an accident/illness which prevents me from carrying out the trade specified on my policy, wherever and however the accident/illness was caused. It costs me £30.69 per month.
I had to get this as the thought of being injured or very ill with no income was very worrying. The payout would last up to 12 months.
Tel: 0845 061 88 22

Ian_Giles

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 08:58:17 pm »
I did have accident cover once upon a time; was the C.I.C.A one, one of the cheapest out there and pay from day one of an accident or illness.
Of course they don't pay the most :-\
Ones such as Steve K have pay out well in the need to make a claim, but what the real chances of you having an accident or illness so bad you are off for over a month?
Of course that possiblity exists, many do have these sort accidents I know, but the ACTUALL likelyhood is low.
Few of us will be off long enough to claim on these good paying policies.

Of course, it does make sense to have cover, but there is insurance for this, insurance for that, there is only so much money I personally can afford to lay out.

So far in almost 30 years I've not had more than a few days of sick in a row, even after a bad car crash I was only off work for about 3 weeks, if that.
Now if I had been paying in to a policy for the last 30 years...who's the winner?

Sorry, only playing devils advocat.

A vital thing if you are seriously hurt for any length of time.

Mind how you go ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

eddie d

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 09:29:34 pm »
 i got my accident only cover through the aa think its about 15 a month.very good ,i broke my foot spent 2 weeks in hospital and 6 months off. got paid straight away and for 6 months.and i got a lump sum .
 my premiums will never cover what was paid out .
excelent service,would have been finished without it. you can also get cover from your mortgage provider to cover that usually 6/8 per 100
 eddie

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 10:49:44 pm »
Of course, it does make sense to have cover, but there is insurance for this, insurance for that, there is only so much money I personally can afford to lay out

I tend to agree as a self employed person I tend to think that if anything nasty did happen I would Have to find a way of keeping my business going and producing an income otherwise I'd have nothing to come back to.

the only insurances I pay out to are life cover, property cover, and TV and washing machine breakdown (both on 24/7 in our house)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz