This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanupman

what's the secret to keeping urinals nice and fresh
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:41:49 pm »
Hi,

i have a contract to clean the toilets in an office and have noticed that over the last few months the urinals aren't as fresh as i think they should be. can anyone give me some advice on the best way of keeping them fresh smelling? i thought that using the urinal blocks ends up causing havoc to the plumbing.

many thanks,

Alan

Comfort Sector

Re: what's the secret to keeping urinals nice and fresh
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:00:25 pm »
cleanupman
try http://www.urineoff.co.uk/urineoff.html
works wonders I use it in the nursing homes and pubs
check out the site should have a dealer near you.
Regards Richard McDade Comfort Sector Its only clean if its Blacklight Clean www.comfortsector.co.uk

garyj

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:46:16 pm »
Ahhh, so now I know what blacklight clean means. Does look a good product but 14 days delivery is very poor.

cleanupman

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 10:54:51 pm »
awesome, looks like just what i need. I've put an order in for some already including a 'black light'

It's quite expensive - is it something i should use each day or just once a week and use my regular cleaner for the rest of the time?

cheers

Comfort Sector

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 11:21:11 pm »
Garyj
yes its a good product. 14 days usually 3 as for small orders they use Royal Mail.
Trade next day delivery by carrier.
Yes the Black light is a unique tool.

Cleanupman
Without seeing the toilets hard to say.
The first time you use it you will notice an immediate difference. Spray it on leave for five minutes then wipe off. I would use it every two days for the first week then once a week after that.
I take it that you have ordered the small blacklight. You will have to make sure that the room is as dark as possible when you use it. I use the large blacklight remember that its UV so use UV protective glasses.
Check the walls and the floor round about the urinals and don't forget the sinks.
Regards Richard McDade Comfort Sector Its only clean if its Blacklight Clean www.comfortsector.co.uk

dustdees

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 05:21:14 pm »
Hi,

We use neutral car polish in the bowls bit and then a soloution on tea tree oil and lemon juice with tepid water from a trigger spray.

We find it does the job and leaves a nice clean smelling loo!!!!!!!

garyj

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 10:41:17 am »
Thats an intertesting solution, did you make that up yourself and where did you hear of it? ( or are you a nutter ;) )

Don't forget though ( even if this does work well ) that your insurance won't cover you using these products as it is not there intended purpose and do you have all the relevent safety data each product requires. ( I'm not really this sensible, but you really do have to cover yourself).

dustdees

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 07:59:45 pm »
Hi, no I'm not a nutter!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

But I take my cleaning advice from my lady who has been doing this line i work for over twenty years.She's a real asset.

She has done cleaning in America in the past,  for some top stars, interesting stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!