Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jamie stevenson

Re: pidgeon waste chemical?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:05 am »
hi im new to all this but i thought once sprayed with ornikill it could go to land fill thats the guano im on about.   jamie

nathann

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 06:59:20 am »
Hi Jamie,

As long as the guano is pre treated, you can take it for deep burial at a landfill site.. i was just trying to find out were people get there info with regards to this type of thing, thats all.  ;)

Nathan
British Biohazard Recovery Association (BBRA)

BDCS

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 09:21:19 am »
 I trained with the NACSC - and who do you think I should have used ? Why go round the trees attempting to pull people on practices and just lay the cards on the table - tell us your into provision of training and you may recruit a few.
  I think I should go on the other course and then I can judge for myself which is best  ::) ::) ::)

nathann

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:32 am »
The thing is im not trying to recruit people on to the training we offer at the British Biohazard Recovery Association, we have alot of people already booked up, and if i was then i would be up front about it ok....  ::)

The reason im asking is that this is a very gray area the Environment Agency are not very clear on this the same a Defra, and thats why im trying to ascertain where people get there information.

This will help us in what we are currently doing with the Environment Agency thats all.

Nathan  ::)
British Biohazard Recovery Association (BBRA)

jamie stevenson

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:49 pm »
i have only done 1 guano job which i sub contracted for a compony which fits nets to stop pigeons/seagulls and we bagged it and he got ride of it, it would be good to find the correct way of dumping it? my wife does crime scene cleaning and she has to do transfer notes and that has to be taken and incinarated at the correct places would guano come into the same catorgory as that! ?         

jamie

BDCS

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 07:17:53 pm »
Yes in a word, dead birds need to be incinerated and the guano transfered to landfill - both need waste transfer notes. Whilst it needs to be done correctly there's nothing to stop you doing it without training. As we stand there is no recognised standard for the training and the authorities don't ever seem to insist on any just a ms and ra. The correct disposal of biohazard as required by the tree huggers is also cattle poo because the fire brigade just hose any spills into storm runs or roadside streams - have you ever seen them with a spill kit on their hands and knees? The sooner they make everybody do it by the book, regulate the training and licence the contractors the sooner we came earn the correct money for the task and kiss goodbye to the cowboys. Do I think this will happen ? nope just like they can't regulate the merchant bankers loosing billions

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 11:55:32 pm »
nathann and bdcs is there history with you guys?

BDCS

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:04:11 am »
Ok - what is the waste code for pigeon guano (not dead birds) or do other people use a code ending in 99 - easy way out !

nathann and bdcs is there history with you guys?

Not as far as I know - I just obtained my training on the other side of the fence. I have a suspision some look down their nose at the NACSC on another forum but it matters not to me - I just care about paying the bills at the end of the month. Politics is for others. i just thought the disposal question was aimed at tripping me up over my disposal methods - why would you ask when you fully know the answer ?

Alan McTernan

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 07:54:09 am »
Oh dear what have i started ::)

But i am glad there are people out there who are passionate about what they do ;)