This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shine services

what would you do?
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:12:22 am »
Hi,
Had an e.o.t clean the other day for the landlord of a 3 bed house, Price and tasks were agreed up front.
When we had completed the job landlord came to the house and nit picked through the entire house and every area cleaned and told me he was not satisfied as it was not perfectley clean.
He offered me half of the agreed price take it or leave!
I was shocked to say the least!!!!
By the end of all this I was just glad to get out of the house with my tail between my legs.
Should I have drawn up a contract stating realisic results in the time agreed or some other contract to prevent this happening?
What should I do to cover myself from this sort of thing?

The Great One

Re: what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:32 pm »
Hi

To be honest it sounds like he has set you up to not pay the full amount from the start.

My answer is now 'I can go to any property and pick fault with it, that's the easy part'.

You can either choose to walk away with what you have or go the legal route

This has happened once to me in 7 years, I walked and learned.

the problem with them inspecting straight away is they know then how much you earn per hour, and that always causes a problem.

Regards

Martin 8)

gordonswindows

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:33:32 pm »
You might not like my comments as nobody likes to feel they are not all that they claim to be.My comments are given in a positive productive style but it depends how you want to see them

The following text is taken from your website, these are your words and if you did everything you promise to do you have nothing to worry about you just had a bad experience with a chancer for a customer but ......................did you give your "best possible service"?? with EVERY effort ?

from your website
" These services are delivered to your home, place of work or your business using a fully equipped van and fully trained staff.
We aim to provide the best possible service to our customers and every effort will be made to give you the best results every time.
We offer a high quality professional service at an affordable price.
If you are not satisfied with the work done for you, we will come back as soon as possible and fix the problem for you free of charge." End of quote from your site.

"Was it a  "high quality service" and did you act as a "professional" and if you did all this and the client still wasn't satisfied was this because your work wasn't all you believe it to be, we all get picky clients but if a job is clean it is clean.If it is nearly clean pretty clean or your clean that's not clean. Ask yourself this,if it is not clean then it is dirty which means you have not done your job.There is no in between its clean or not, it is like his bill it is either paid or its not half paid is not paid do not accept any payment less then agreed if the client is not happy do what you said you would "we will come back as soon as possible and fix the problem for you free of charge" and then get paid in full.

Or put it down to experience learn from it and move on.

But I feel you have posted this for us to make you feel better, for us to say there there those damn custys its not your fault it is theirs

Am I perfect, no far from it, have I made mistakes oh yes do I want patted on the head or do I want to take my medicine accept I could have done better and learn from it and use a negative experience to make my business better. A bitter pill to swallow but hey..............

Regards

Gordon

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:11:17 pm »
T rying to take the p , put right what he has complained about and charge full amount
Spit and polish

derek west

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:18:27 pm »
what jason says really, if someones not happy then make them happy. i had a phone call from a lady saying there was still dark marks in front of the settee, (i'm a carpet cleaner) so i told her this could be wear marks but i'll pop round and have a look. popped round ran a rotary over it and sure as damnit it came up better, slightly red faced as i always aim to deliver first time but on this occasion, i thought they wouldn't come out, i was flat out all day so didn't have time to try. ive learnt from this, the custy was over the moon and i got paid. result.

Daria Taylor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:14:56 pm »
Hi,
Had an e.o.t clean the other day for the landlord of a 3 bed house, Price and tasks were agreed up front.
When we had completed the job landlord came to the house and nit picked through the entire house and every area cleaned and told me he was not satisfied as it was not perfectley clean.
He offered me half of the agreed price take it or leave!
I was shocked to say the least!!!!
By the end of all this I was just glad to get out of the house with my tail between my legs.
Should I have drawn up a contract stating realisic results in the time agreed or some other contract to prevent this happening?
What should I do to cover myself from this sort of thing?

can i ask how long you have been trading for?
All i can say i must in some sence agree with Gordon, if you offer a professional service then it cannot be any less than professional. I also would like to say that you must have a contract in place, we do and we get them to sign it before any works take place. We also ask for a 20% deposit to be paid into bank account or cheque and if cheque it must be cleared by the time we start works.

I believe from the point when customer makes a contact with us, they will already make up their mind about how professional you are in everything you do, especially landlords, they wouldn't let their property to a tenant without a rental agreement would they? so if they release that you have nothing to go by, then how can you do something about it?

When you show your customers from the start that you know what you are doing and if you can explain to them why you need to put such measures in place then they will respect you more, simply because it shows that you are professional and know exactly what you are talking about and have experience within the industry.

Plese dont take this as if i'm having a digg at you, because I am not, but I cant stress enough on how important is to have a contract in place, it will save you alot of time money.

My advise on this matter would be, re-clean and ask for full payment.

Dash t 

shine services

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 12:13:42 am »
Im still in my first year of trading and I admit am still learning every day. This is a lesson well learned. Thanks for the input guys

Daria Taylor

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 12:16:17 am »
Im still in my first year of trading and I admit am still learning every day. This is a lesson well learned. Thanks for the input guys

so what did you do in the end?if you need any help give me a shout.