This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Ryan

Wooden Flooring
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:55:58 am »
Hi All,

What would be the best way to clean wooden flooring and polish/shine it up again. The property has had maintenence done and there is paint, plaster and lots of dust on it.

What cleaning/polishing solutions do i need.

Cheers

J

BDCS

Re: Wooden Flooring
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:40 am »
With out strippng it you need to know what was used last time ie has the floor been waxed ?

Jason Ryan

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:11 pm »
Hi BDCS - How would i find out what was used last time on the floor, the property owner is new and dont think they know?? Any kind of test?

With regards to stripping the floor, how would i do this (what equipment do i need and where could i get it).

Cheers

j

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:22:05 pm »
If a floor has been waxed you can only continue with wax unless you sand it right back to bare timber and start again. Then you can seal it with what ever you wish and use your prefered polish. I am no expert but on the floor that I look after I use a hard wax which I apply with a window cleaning applicator and then buff with a white pad on my fast rotary. There's a firm at Ashford in Kent called wood u like that are very helpfull

Jason Ryan

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:01:50 pm »
Any one reconmend a good training course (not too indepth to start) and any website with some basic info regarding the cleaning of flooring (hard floors/wooden).

Cheers

J