Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: just bought this.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:46 pm »
Regarding Hugh Crane... They are multi-trillionaires.  Well they must be, I recently tried to buy some CAT pump oil off them and they obviously don't need my money because they didn't return my calls or emails :-\

Well I wouldnt go that far, but it is a very sound company with a net worth of a few £million, farmers for you eh, and they always say they've got no money  ::)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2010, 09:45:30 am »
Don't really want to make it a 'Hugh Crane' thread.... Been a customer since 1993 watched the company grow on it's present site, get free delivery, credit and good advice. Sorry about your experience Jim, never happened to me in 18 years ???

derek west

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 09:50:04 am »
tow bar is being fitted as i type. £200 :o

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 11:36:00 pm »
I wouldn't of thought £200 was excessive for supply & fit with electrics etc
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Jason Hedges

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2010, 12:21:53 am »
Don't really want to make it a 'Hugh Crane' thread.... Been a customer since 1993 watched the company grow on it's present site, get free delivery, credit and good advice. Sorry about your experience Jim, never happened to me in 18 years ???

Same here Simon only 10 miles away from me, use them every now and again always good service pleasure to deal with. Jim if you still need the oil let me know I pass there a few times a week.

All the best,
Jason.

derek west

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 05:37:15 pm »
picked it up today, shed loads of accessories, well happy with it. 9 hours driving, nightmare. :'(

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 06:17:56 pm »
It must of been a tiring journey Derek,

to tired to reverse it on drive i see  ;)

Andrew

derek west

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2010, 06:28:43 pm »
reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. i'll just unhitch it and turn it round ;D

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:39 pm »
Think you need a Bigger Van or 4 x4 now Derek, I would imagine if that was full of water you would be over weight. Looks like its a monster bet you cant wait to try it out ??

Paul
P.s Hows the leaflets coming along ??

Mike Halliday

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:11 pm »
you need to get in a supermarket carpark and practice reversing ;) ;) otherwise you'll go to a job down a cul-de-sac and get stuck :o :o

and its always better to reverse of the road when doing job.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »
Just get plenty of practice, it's actually very easy after a few attempts..... You might soon realise you're a closset pikey ;D ;D ;D

derek west

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 07:31:01 pm »
you need to get in a supermarket carpark and practice reversing ;) ;) otherwise you'll go to a job down a cul-de-sac and get stuck :o :o

and its always better to reverse of the road when doing job.
got my L plates ready mike, ;D gonna practice at the weekend. sainsbury's here i come. did a driveway while we were there, looked clean and then we blasted it. awesome, loved it. can't wait to get going.

paul
yeah leaflets are nearly done,i'd show ya but file is to big. just got to change the photo's for ones of my own, got a few jobs lined up this week so i should get some good ones, cheers for the idea's and the contacts.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 07:52:51 pm »
Derek you could do worse than asking Mike H about pricing he gets some well priced jobs.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »
Looks good derek :)

With this set up you will get work mate :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 08:23:59 pm »
It's like those billboard trailers that you see a free advert driving at the back of you.

Shaun

richy27

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 08:33:36 pm »
youl soon gethe hang of it derek.  I was backing 40ft art trailers on tractors when i was 9 years old with blocks on the peds.  ps yes that is illegal at that age.

practice backing with your mirrors or you will jar your neck

derek west

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:02 pm »
youl soon gethe hang of it derek.  I was backing 40ft art trailers on tractors when i was 9 years old with blocks on the peds.  ps yes that is illegal at that age.

practice backing with your mirrors or you will jar your neck
does that mean its cheating if i use my xray vision. ;D  trouble is i can't see the trailer if i'm straight (no gay puns please ;D) thinking of putting a flag either side to help out.

gonna clean me patio tomorrow, can't wait its filthy, will post before and after photo's, gonna do a video as well similar to mike only with an american accent ;D

"howdy pardners, check out my rootin tootin H2O rig" what ya reckon?, yeah needs a little work.

richy27

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:20 pm »
easiest way derek is find a large flat area and practice driving in areverse circle then step it u t doin a figure of eight easy once you know the limits of your turning circle.  remember if you get a wobble on goidown hill speed up dont brake to straighten yourself up.

regards
pro drive rich

derek west

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »
easiest way derek is find a large flat area and practice driving in areverse circle then step it u t doin a figure of eight easy once you know the limits of your turning circle.  remember if you get a wobble on goidown hill speed up dont brake to straighten yourself up.

regards
pro drive rich
seriously?

would never of thought that. cheers rich. allthough didn't get a murmour from it for 189 miles and we reached speeds of 75 on mway, plenty of hills up and down, and of course the obligatory pot holes.

richy27

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:09 pm »
no am serious derek  you speed up to get out of a wobble and then brake slowly once stopped the wobble you will find this will happen when tank is full weight causes it.