This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

SL2 No1 section. IS THIS NORMAL?
« on: March 22, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »
Might have to use my new sl2 for the first time tomorrow so I've just had it out & lube'd the section ends as per instructions.

The No1 section is very thin & can quite easily be deformed by squeezin between my thumb & first two fingers!!!! :o :o :o :o

It almost feels like paper mashea.

Is this normal for the No1 section?

stevieg

Re: SL2 No1 section. IS THIS NORMAL?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »
Be very careful!!!!Once they are squashed thats the end!!!!I use another make but they are the same,i am down to no 6 section(down to that they are all broken)Dont trust the spray,use electrical tape.Put the poles together (not too tightly)and on the male part put the tape where it goes into the other pole.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:49:55 pm »
What do you mean you are down to No6 section?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »
Might have to use my new sl2 for the first time tomorrow so I've just had it out & lube'd the section ends as per instructions.

The No1 section is very thin & can quite easily be deformed by squeezin between my thumb & first two fingers!!!! :o :o :o :o

Put it up and down by standing as close to vertical by the wall as possible, use the wall to stand all the seperate sections ready to push upwards. Use a brush of no more than 9oz Trust the strength, it will be ok, they have to be smaller taper near the tip. The fishing pole equivalent is designed to take a 20lb hit from a fish so they are stronger than they look. Treat them with respect and gentleness, just like a good woman.
There has to be a first time for everything, good luck. :)

stevieg

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:02:27 pm »
Sections 1/2/3/4/5/6 all broke!!!!!Now all i use are no 7 sections which are the only good ones left.(i taped a brush stale with a brush to one of those. I have had to scource extra no7s to get back up to height.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »

Put it up and down by standing as close to vertical by the wall as possible, use the wall to stand all the seperate sections ready to push upwards. Use a brush of no more than 9oz Trust the strength, it will be ok, they have to be smaller taper near the tip. The fishing pole equivalent is designed to take a 20lb hit from a fish so they are stronger than they look. Treat them with respect and gentleness, just like a good woman.
There has to be a first time for everything, good luck. :)

Ok, thanks Jeff.

Once the pole is erected is it ok to stand further back as this building has quite deep sills?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »
Sections 1/2/3/4/5/6 all broke!!!!!Now all i use are no 7 sections which are the only good ones left.(i taped a brush stale with a brush to one of those. I have had to scource extra no7s to get back up to height.

;D ;D ;D

Think I'll start carrying some Gaffer tape & a broom handle around with me.

Just seems a bit daft to make the end section so thin.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:08:37 pm »
Yes Winpro, the brush on the glass takes a lot of the stress out of the pole, then just move ontowards the wall when moving along to the next window, you can easy do 45 dgrees to get over the cill.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:11:21 pm »
I pick my S2 straight off the ground at 40 feet no problems yet.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 08:13:39 pm »
I pick my S2 straight off the ground at 40 feet no problems yet.

Dave, can you deform the first section as I described?

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:39 pm »
I'll have a look.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »
I'll have a look.

Thanks mate, I would appreciate that. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »
Yes it flexes if I squeeze it. The tip is very strong. The base of most sections will distort a bit. If you ever jam two sections together (and you will) they can be hard to release because if you squeeze too tight the tube goes oval under pressure and will not release.
Use the insulation tape trick before you use your pole and the rubber glove technique if you ever jam one.

williamx

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 08:26:48 pm »
I have just checked my no1 section and at the brush end there is no movement, but as you come down the pole it does give a bit but not too much.

Where are you based because you can compare your with mine.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 08:36:23 pm »
Thanks guys.

My No1 section has a seperate push-on tip which is quite thick & doesn't deform, it's approx 10 inches long.

S'pose that's put my mind at rest though, wanted to make sure I hadn't got a bad section.

Thank you

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »
I've had conformation from the horses mouth that this is indeed perfectly normal.

Thanks again all. ;)