Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Yell Disaster!
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »
Well any business I may have got from YP this year is not going to happen now.
Partly my own fault for not checking the two telephone numbers properly.
Anyway one is wrong by a single number and the other they got a two numerals the wrong way round.
I will have to see if they are prepared to do anything regarding the invoice, but its so annoying.
I guess this will just have to be a test (unintentionally enforced) as to whether I can drop out of YP altogether.

Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

derek west

Re: Yell Disaster!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »
ring the number, if someone answers apologise and see if you can sort something out, if it doesnt ring make some phone calls to see if you can get it to ring and if so, can it be diverted, just a thought.

yorky

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 12:52:02 pm »
Well any business I may have got from YP this year is not going to happen now.
Partly my own fault for not checking the two telephone numbers properly.
Anyway one is wrong by a single number and the other they got a two numerals the wrong way round.
I will have to see if they are prepared to do anything regarding the invoice, but its so annoying.
I guess this will just have to be a test (unintentionally enforced) as to whether I can drop out of YP altogether.

Dave.

If you get a deal with yell put the extra money into Google. It outperformes Yellow Pages by 10-1 for me. The book is the past.

clinton

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 01:02:44 pm »
Dave they usually send you a proof of your advert ???

PaulKing

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 06:52:34 pm »
same happened to us 2 years back they will refund the ad ( no poo)  and nowt eles unless you scream blue murder. I'd also say yellow pages has had its day marketing is king long live the king
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 07:01:43 pm »
If you sign off the proof its hard luck, its not up to them to check the details. How can anyone expect a refund.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:10:49 pm »
Yellow pages Yell.com waste of time and BT !!

I have adds in both no calls this year - more calls from leaflets and a new service i have just started but will not go into that one.  ::) ::)

Will not do the books again thats for sure they got mine wrong other year after i signed it, they stilled invoices me but got the next year free.

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:26:06 pm »
yellow pages, printed a advert that i asked not be printed, they even admitted that they got the email asking for it not to be printed, but printed it any way and now want paying  have told them to take me to court

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »
Hi Dave

Give me a bell if you like and I'll try to help.

Pete
07816 276290

pm tomorrow is best