This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

There's a JW in every town window cleaning
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:40:38 pm »

Including me, so hey guys with WFP'S can you help me out. Quite a number
  of us are undecided in taking the plunge, WFP !!!  There is so many out
  there so trying to find the right one. Any advise.

Shawn , nice to meet fellow SA.

Perth this week but kids all sick !!!

Re: There's a JW in every town window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:47:57 pm »
Its well worth it! Though the first initial cleans can be a nightmare and you will probably lose a few customer's though presently i have gained far more than i've lost  ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 11:55:07 pm »

Cheers, Callum what system do you use. What were the main concerns of
   the people you lost.

Work is coming out of my ears with people ringing me up with people
   recomending me so hence I want to get WFP to spead things up.

But if it does put people off I'd like to know the pitfalls.

Where you from, Stirling Scotland

gaza

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 12:33:49 am »
Daser: THE 1ST CLEAN IS A NIGHTMARE: ESPECIALLY IF YOU TRY AND INTRODUCE IT ALL IN ONE GO.

it takes a long time to go around them all in 1 go,if I had to do it again I would pick an area to start and say do 3 days work wfp and two traditional,and you can monitor you progress/lost customers/gained customers/results and feedback.

If your round is tightly together it will give other customers chance to see/hear about wfp.

GREATEST TIP iVE HEARD IS DO THE VILLAGE GOSSIP FIRST.SHE/HE.WILL BE PLEASED TO BE THE FIRST TO BE SEEN DOING IT DIFFERENT. THE VILLAGE HUMAN TELEPHONE WILL DO THE REST.
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 09:04:29 am »
Daser: THE 1ST CLEAN IS A NIGHTMARE: ESPECIALLY IF YOU TRY AND INTRODUCE IT ALL IN ONE GO.

it takes a long time to go around them all in 1 go,if I had to do it again I would pick an area to start and say do 3 days work wfp and two traditional,and you can monitor you progress/lost customers/gained customers/results and feedback.

If your round is tightly together it will give other customers chance to see/hear about wfp.

GREATEST TIP iVE HEARD IS DO THE VILLAGE GOSSIP FIRST.SHE/HE.WILL BE PLEASED TO BE THE FIRST TO BE SEEN DOING IT DIFFERENT. THE VILLAGE HUMAN TELEPHONE WILL DO THE REST.
GAZA

hi i use a trolley system presently though i think i will upgrade to a van mount eventually i agree with the above i would introduce it in stages then you can deal with complaints as you get back to them the second month the first clean is critical as it can put customer's off for good if you are not carefull also make sure you offer to go back and sort any problem windows out for free as this will reassure customer as they at first look at you like you are mad at first ! though come round to it eventually i would make a flyer up for your customer's with all FAQ so that you don't have to keep explaining it to every customer! its worth it though their can be a lot of teething problems which you learn what to do and not! pretty fast. ;D

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 02:49:50 pm »
hey das are you a saffa ... if so big howzit bro !

Would it be possible to keep the language used on this forum to English.  I'm not sure if the above is rude, cheeky, offensive or a greeting!

For all I know it could mean, 'Are you an Arsenal supporter... if so you're a big steaming pile of fetid horse manure'!!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 05:17:17 pm »
Tosh, why not moderate it in Japanese? Or Welsh, or Geordie, or....... ;)

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 06:38:21 pm »
Hi Daservices
I am building my own system and have worked out it will only cost me around £500. I dont intend to use it all the time, I am starting of by just doing the dangerous windows and ones that just seem to take forever. i will inform the customer that if they are not happy after 3 cleans then I will go back to the old method. They can compare because I wont do all their windows with wfp. Thats what I intend to do anyhow I may find that I like it so much that I give the ladders the big heef ho but I doubt it.
Anyway I'm off to Norwich 2morrow.

Cheers
Steveyboy

gaza

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 08:17:51 pm »
steveyboy:  bet you will  stick with wfp.

dont forget you need a decent pair of shades 8)

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 08:41:24 pm »
i will inform the customer that if they are not happy after 3 cleans then I will go back to the old method

I would not tell them that you would go back if they dont like it as you will always get a few who will say they don't like it.

I changed all my customers over to WFP in one go and told them that i am no longer using ladders only for access.
and i only lost 1 customer a few did say i could do that with a hose or something and i told them to go ahead as they wont get them clean.

People will take to it no problem and a lot of people have already seen some one using a WFP.
you will pick up a lot more customers than you lose.

I did one house traditional a couple of months ago as i ran a bit low on water and she moaned saying she likes the new way of cleaning and wants that in future.

Paul

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 08:45:39 pm »
i will inform the customer that if they are not happy after 3 cleans then I will go back to the old method

I would not tell them that you would go back if they dont like it as you will always get a few who will say they don't like it.

I changed all my customers over to WFP in one go and told them that i am no longer using ladders only for access.
and i only lost 1 customer a few did say i could do that with a hose or something and i told them to go ahead as they wont get them clean.

People will take to it no problem and a lot of people have already seen some one using a WFP.
you will pick up a lot more customers than you lose.

I did one house traditional a couple of months ago as i ran a bit low on water and she moaned saying she likes the new way of cleaning and wants that in future.

Paul
Yes interesting, very good point.
Hi Gaza
Only time will tell and I have now got some good shades. I found the light blue colour the best as I can still see everything on the window where the darker shades prevent you from seeing anything. thinking of which, if I'm using wfp it may not matter as I am not directly in line with the glass.

Cheers
Steveyboy

Re: There's a JW in every town window cleaning New
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 10:51:24 pm »
 If you spend a little time on the first clean around the frames and sills and give a good rinse there should be no reason why they shouldn't come up good the first time. Why do people say that they wont be good till the second  or third time they are cleaned? what do you do differently the second and third time? Nothing you clean them exactly the same
And when you do go back the second and third time are the windows not dirty again ok so not as bad but surely if you spend the time first time around you don't have to go explaining that they might not be great until the second or third. No customer wants to hear that and all you cleaners like myself who have invested your time and money on a system be it expensive or homemade we should all be getting it right the first time every time that's when you get referrals and that's when you go from £100 per week to £1000 per week.

And never say to a customer you will go back to squeege if they are not happy three times later that will do wfp users no good whatsoever.