This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew46

WHEN DOING CON ROOFS....
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:48:48 pm »
Do you need to use ladders (small step  ladder) to get the right angle for the roof or can you do them standing on the ground.  From videos I've seen it would seem very hard to do them standing on ground.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

formb

Re: WHEN DOING CON ROOFS....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »
Depends on how much room there is around the cons. If there is a wall/fence nearby you may need a ladder. Sometimes it is easier to do it from next doors garden.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:59:59 pm »
Yes, you'll certainly need a step ladder - and quite a tall one at that. Mine's 2 m.

There is a big variety of shapes of conservatories and positions on houses so you need to be able to get to any of them. Some can be done completely from the ground, but they're a minority.

Andrew46

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »
  I would have thought half hight  step ladders (1m) would have been enough? do you often need to be elevated 2m high?

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:09 pm »
I normally clean them from a 2m set of steps as i find it easier to scrub and get into all the detail on the top parts

Andrew46

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:44:23 pm »
Some ladders I've seen have a bar which rests against the side of the con.  Do you use these these or are your 2m not toucing the side of the con.

thnaks

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »
I normally clean them from a 2m set of steps as i find it easier to scrub and get into all the detail on the top parts

Seconded.

Compare this one done from the ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cpRiFgJ1vw

to this one done off a ladder with a stand off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUoj4PULqc

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »
A 1m stepladder would leave you standing near the top of it whereas a 2m stepladder gives you extra stability as you are not on the top steps.

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 04:26:02 pm »
dunno if i would like to lean on a conservatory at all using ladder stand off. i have some steps which i use and work from them using my wfp which is pretty good for me

Andrew46

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »
What height do you work from on steps??  are you about half way up con side or higher near guttering??

Wizard

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »
take a look at this ladder can do so much.http://www.ladders4sale.co.uk/littlegiant.htm
I bought one a e bay for 56 quid but the same just a cheep copy very stable.I saw them in the U S.

sunshine windows

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:23:17 pm »
If there's enough room around the conservatory I always use my 'A' frame ladders at either side to get a good height above the roof. I normally have one foot on the ladder and one on the conservatory edging. Makes it a lot easier to see what you're doing and also a better angle for hard scrubbing.

Cheers,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk