This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sham33

suitable transfer pump for 25L containers?
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »
Hi, im looking for a pump to transfer water from 25l containers to a 400l tank in the van. I've been searching but cant find any pumps apart from submersibles which is no good for 25L containers.

Need to pump water about 40 ft, been using a old shurflo as a temp fix but its useless pumping about 6 litres a minute  :-\

Thanks.

d s windowcleaning

Re: suitable transfer pump for 25L containers?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:17:53 pm »
i cant see you finding a pump that will do what you are asking mate the lid is too small on the containers , couldnt you just carry the containers and tip them in ? failing that buy a water butt fill that and use a submersable pump from the water butt .
where theres muck theres money

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cbm240-1in-multi-stage-water-pump/path/booster-centrifugal-pumps

Hi mate, that pump will do the job, stick a pipe on each end, and put on end in container and other in tank.

sham33

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:49:50 pm »
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cbm240-1in-multi-stage-water-pump/path/booster-centrifugal-pumps

Hi mate, that pump will do the job, stick a pipe on each end, and put on end in container and other in tank.

Hi, i did see that one on cleaningspot website and asked if it would be ok for 25l  bottles and he said it would be too big for them  ??? Im thinking it would be ok to, i think i'll just go for it and buy it. I cant see what the problem would be myself.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »
can I ask why you need to transfer from 25l barrels ?
Would it not be less hassle getting a bigger tank then get a sub pump and 1 inch hose, pump about £20 in wickes and transfer hose about £20 from b &q.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

sham33

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:38 pm »
can I ask why you need to transfer from 25l barrels ?
Would it not be less hassle getting a bigger tank then get a sub pump and 1 inch hose, pump about £20 in wickes and transfer hose about £20 from b &q.

I'm working from a 1st floor flat.