This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kkawindows

would this work?
« on: July 08, 2005, 05:01:07 pm »
hi guys and gals,
i was thinking instead of knocking on doors canvassing is to design a flyer with a cover note asking if they would like there windows cleaned,prices etc as i could write the prices down whilst walking round the street explaining when i will be round to clean the windows  and on another piece of paper put a sign so when i  come back on the day i said i would be back they can leave there sign in the window ticking there boxes what they want done
any suggestions?

H h20

Re: would this work?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 05:19:56 pm »
the only problem with that is if you can`t see the back of the houses while you are  pricing how can you come up with a price if you don`t know how many windows there are or if they have a conservatory and the size of it etc, ;)

The Bear

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:31:12 pm »
Someone used that method "on my patch" some time ago.

They got very few customers,

1 because they didnt like the idea of people  on their property (the only way to know how many window as h20 says)

2 they like contact with the person who will be on their property, you could be anyone.

As a side issue to th ones who tried it near me. One of my customers who accepted the quote, (he was cheaper), was broken into by a man, during the night, while the whole family were asleep upstairs!!!

As it transpired, the burgler was a neighbour of the guy who had gone around pricing up the work. It was never proved the two were connected, but it goes to show, if we dont have contact with our customers, initially at least, we appear very shady.

Be warned.

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 08:32:01 pm »
Ages ago we tried that and when we went back there wasn't a single leaflet stuck up in any window of the street which had about 60 odd houses along it.

At the time we had just one job along that road.

Now 3 years on, we have 14 who are 4 weekly and 6 who are 8 weekly.

From time to time I have re leafleted the street but by and large every customer has come from them seeing us cleaning windows or from a customer telling a neighbour.

Cheers

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 08:37:43 pm »
Before I was a window cleaner, I wouldn't have had a window cleaner I had either not met or spoken to prior to him comming.

Remember, we have a privilaged position in that people have to put some amount of trust into us. 

I know many of my customers leave their back doors open when they go out; money and jewelry sometimes just left on bedroom window sills; et cetera.

I'd be surprised if you had many takers - just from the 'trust' factor. 

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 11:26:08 pm »
Anyone know the "KISS" effect?
= Keep It Simple Stupid!

I've tried gimmicky ideas over the years with catchy phrases on flyers etc.
Best thing is, in my experience, a simple clear leaflet drop.  Name etc. letting the street or estate know you are now working that area.  Try to meet face to face.  You pick up one or two to start with, then people watch wether you are regular, they approach you.  Well thats what I've found.
Better to be asked to clean their windows than have to ask.  It means they need you more than you need them.
They need to know they can trust you, that takes time.
Pj

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:38:42 am »
Wow................

I'd over all these years I was the only one to hear of 'KISS'.

I heard it 20 odd years ago on some American motivational tape but thought apart from all the other stuff on the tape that keep it simple and stupid was brilliant.

Cheers