This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simbo

help!! wiyh quote please
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:21:37 pm »
Hi all,
Had a call from a property management company asking if i would like to give a quote to clean a block of newly built block of 16 apartments. I have had a good look around this building, no real dangers access good. The building has 52 ground floor windows and 60 upper floor , all upper windows would be a single ladder move, they want a monthly clean frames and sills wiping every quarter, not too sure what to quote but even if 50 pence a window =£560 seem's a lot to me.
This clean would be really good for me as only been going a while, and will help to give quote on another site.
Many thanks
paul

TERRY AB

Re: help!! wiyh quote please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 09:00:08 pm »
If the building has a total of 112 windows (60 + 52) and
you want 50p per window that makes for 66 quid, or are there
more windows ?.
If you think your price is too high, then try to estimate how long
the clean would take you and multiply it by your hourly rate, add
25% for profits and risk of false calculation and make em a quote.
If there are 16 apartments then they will be eventually paying for your work, £560,.. through 16 apps. would mean to each tennant £35,..minimium per month. cant see them forking out that much, but 112 windows x 50p + 25% = £70 divided through 16 tennants would cost them each £4.38 they would jump at that.

williamx

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 09:07:45 pm »
Simbo

I would look at using a wfp system on this type of building that way you will be able to clean the frames and sills as a matter of course, it would be a lot quicker than using ladders.

You will find that the 1st clean on a newly built building can take upto 3 times longer to clean than normal.

I personally would charge

1st clean £10 per apartment followed by £7 per clean there after (based on a monthly rota).

Also your figures are slightly wrong 56+60 windows = 112 x 0.50p = £56.00

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 09:26:05 pm »
Commercial jobs that are first cleans expect higher prices than normal but not sky high.

Remember if they are newly built then the company selling the apartments wants them just pucker and will pay a bit more for the job to be done first time properly with no hassle.

I would sell the fact that they will be done to an immaculate standard and as you are in the business of always wanting more work, you will do the job required and do it to their satisfaction.

I would also price each place as if it was a resendentual job and add 50% then multiply that by the number of flats.

I would also again stress very heavily that you gaurantee your workmanship as that I have found that matters quite a lot with new buildings/flats/apartments.

Cheers

simbo

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 09:47:09 pm »
sorry all was in a hurry, and my maths are crap. Like the idea of charging price per apartment seems good and first clean price also, do this on nearly all new customers.
thanks for the advise
simb0

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 10:04:24 pm »
I would do it on a day rate. If it is going to take you all day then price it according to what you would want for a days work. If it only takes a certain amount of hours then do an hourly rate. It dont always work by pricing per bit of glass.

Steveyboy

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 11:22:42 pm »
Hey what do I know, I'm new on this site, but as I keep saying to reassure myself, I've been cleaning windows for 18 years. 
I would try to work out how long it's going to take you to do the whole job.
Don't rush, or you'll always be rushing. 
Find out the hourly rate in your area.
 Do a good job and charge per hour.
 No- one ever complains for a good job done.
 Hope that makes sense.