This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advice appreciated
« on: July 07, 2005, 01:07:29 pm »
Hi window cleaners,

I'm looking for a little advice! One of our contracts is in a kids nursery which has a great deal of internal glass, as you can imagine the kids smother the glass on a daily basis with mucky paw prints :-[
Our cleaner on this job is finding it tough and time consuming to keep up with the kids prints whilst still maintain good streak free results.
Any advice on products or techniques will be greatfully recieved.

Regards

Paul

The Bear

Re: advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 02:28:45 pm »
Put the price up and spend longer on the job.

We carry plastic kitchen scourers, soap up rub with scourer, soap and blade.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:39:15 pm »
To be honest it's not difficult. :)

Just wash as normal, then use your wet scrim to scrub it.
Another quick wash over and squeegee off.

Takes seconds.
Of course you'll have to give your cloth a good wringing out after!

Roger.

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 08:07:09 pm »
We do exactly the same as The Bear except for one place that is really badly greased up every week.

It is a carvery and for some reasons their customers eat off the windows, or that is how it appears and for their windows, I stiched a large brillo pad over a normal mop.

Cheers

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:08:02 pm »
It cant be as bad as the window cleaner who cleans the windows of a chicken coop. I've been trying to find the thread on this one and I just cant as it was so long ago. But honestly it was great to read, if you are the window cleaning reading this then let us know cause nobody can beat that one.

Steveyboy

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:28:48 pm »
Hi Steveyboy

Do you mean the one about the chicken poo...........

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7201.0

Cheers

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 10:40:57 pm »
I like children, although find a whole one difficult to eat in one go.

When cleaning houses that have small children, I tend to seriously brief each child on 'not to touch the ruddy windows', because if you do, I'll be really cross.

Honest!

Just recently a young girl pointed out that I was cleaning 'her' bedroom window.  I looked through the glass and the bedroom was a mess.

I asked her what her name was.

'Kelly', she replied.

'Come here, Kelly', I asked.

She walked up to my ladder.

'Kelly, get up to your bedroom and get it tidied, NOW', I ordered her.

Her head and shoulders immediately slumped.  The smile disapeared from her face and she went upstairs to tidy her bedroom via the back door.

Her Mother laughed too!

It's just a matter of good communication.  Train the kids!

baldeagle

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 10:58:39 pm »
I've visit a house in Stafford that has a beautiful set of French Windows; the owners have had them made in hardwood and they open out into a lovely garden.

I clean all the outside windows as normal, and then the insides of the French Windows.

When I've gone, the owners little girl, aged four, puts a line of kisses across the inside, and her Father, who is a photographer, somehow sets up some lights that pick out the kisses. Then he photographs them against the background of the changing seasons in the garden. Provides a record of the growing child. Bleed**g artistic, or what?

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 11:39:35 am »
Hi Steveyboy

Do you mean the one about the chicken poo...........

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7201.0

Cheers
Hi Ross
Thanks for that. Thats the one, you just cant beat a job like that. It sounds so good I am sure we would all do it for free.

Thanks
Steve