This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

regencycc

mattress cleaning
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:44:47 pm »
I clean carpets and upholstery using the hot water extraction method of cleaning, and I have been asked on a number of occassions to clean mattresses which I have always declined as I was warned against doing them. Is there any risks, problems or reasons why I should not give it a go.

lesterM

Re: mattress cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »
I only clean mattresses with specific machines and only slightly dampen  some staining if necessary.  Rust in the springs is not a good idea.    Some of the more expensive mattresses have a layer of memory foam underneath the top cover than will be crumbled away with hot water.

Its mainly critturs and dander  rather than dirt that you will deal with.  Sometimes you still come across people who dont use a mattress protector at all because they feel its too warming.   You will need to do these every week.   Once a fortnight is good enough for people who have a mattress topper with a washable cover.

But it is an area where you will be astounded how filthy a lot of people are, esp compared to what they will pay for a carpet they walk on, considering they spend 8 hours a day in bed.

And dont forget to take precautions and not carry anything home. Its easy to pick up demodecs.   
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746