This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

More Rain!!
« on: July 06, 2005, 01:01:31 pm »
So what do you do about rain?
I've got commercial work, they're usually ok, but domestic customers, phew!
I've been cleaning windows for 18 years and it's always the same...The sun comes out, I turn up, 'where have you been, you're late'.  The grey clouds come, 'I suppose it's gonna rain now you've turned up'.  Whadda they think window cleaners control the weather?  I always say, 'If I could control the weather I wouldn't be wasting my time cleaning your windows'.  Doesn't always bring a smile.
Still i feel better I've shared that with you all.

H h20

Re: More Rain!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 03:31:43 pm »
 :D Yes we all get that theres no pleasing everyone,i don`t believe that there is any perfect jobs because of either the weather,fussy customers,but iv`e just started with wfp and done a house wth leaded windows "WOW" they come up mint,i used to hate doing leaded,but now im going to be looking for dirty leaded windows because most window cleaners to my knowledge hate them unless using wfp what a turnaround eh!,i must admit though if it wasnt for the rain we wouldn`t be cleaning windows as often,so as bad as rain is it`s also a god send :D in one way.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 04:59:58 pm »
It's not really the rain that makes windows dirty anyway, it's the wind picking up all the dust and grease.

I always tell customers that when challenged, and they usually just shrug and say "fair enough".

Not that there's been any rain today for us!

Roger.

kcc

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 05:44:39 pm »
My reply is always " you get a free final rinse and you complain"
and also rain water is soft so no effect
BUT if they want to complain bless let em so
long as they dont cancel havn't done in 15 years yet
still i never bother over the odd customer who cancels
for whatever reason there is always another 3 to take the place
keith ;D

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 06:13:06 pm »
Thanks for that one Keith, 'free final rinse'.
I always like a smarter answer than the ones I've used.
Not really a problem, just thought I'd moan about the rain to windowcleaners. 
Why not, everyone else does!
Pj

Dominic

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 07:05:11 pm »
Just tell em they've now got clean wet windows instead of dirty wet windows.

cheers
Dom

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 10:23:28 pm »
allways clean rain sun snow cos like rossa said its the dirt that makes them spotty not rain.when the rain stops how much waters left on the glass noe all evaporated,but i only do wfp and i know its a pain by hand especially if you cant detail properly

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 12:14:23 am »
I clean windows no matter the weather.  If it is storming or snowing outside and they ask why I am there, I just say:  I really love my customers.  Always gets a smile.

Right now we are going through a drought.  That can be bad because things start to get real dusty and I notice more on the windows (after 2 weeks of sunny weather).

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 09:41:42 pm »
Hi Marc

Sunny weather?

You should try over here.

The only difference is we've had plenty of rain but there's still a drought with the water companies moaning about levels being low as they do every year regardless of how much rain we have.

As for cleaning windows in any weather, all we seem to get from most of our customers is 'but it's raining'. I can't work why so many people say that as afterall, it will always rain at some point especially in this country.

I love the sunshine. For my sins I was born in Scotland. I now live in England where every year we hope to have a summer which is better than Scotland because there you just don't bother to wish.

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 11:10:17 pm »
So true.

The highlands. My dreams are always there.

Cheers

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:42 pm »
Ross,

The Highlands? Never even been to Scotland me, and I'm well travelled.

Sounds nice, but I like the traditional resorts like your Brighton.
Not sure what you think of it, but I enjoyed myself there last time. :)

Roger.

The Bear

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 11:23:42 pm »
Roger,

Go to the Highlands, it is truly awesome.

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 12:23:35 am »
Ok...End of drought for me.  A recent tropical storm in Gulf of Mexico is now upon us in Virginia.  Tornado and flood warnings!  Guess I'm glad I finished work for the week, but tonight I am traveling north to New York (same direction as the storm).  Wicked