This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

New MKI SL-X
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:49:35 pm »
Just serviced my MKI SL-X

New hose, new butt cap & the upgraded clamps. Best £20 I've spent in ages! ;D

It's like a new pole :D. Dismantled & inspected it closely, I expected much more wear than there actually is. Ok, the sections have surface wear but nothing more than expected & no more than any other pole I've had.

I got this pole when they first came out so what would that be, 2 years, maybe a tad more?

Very pleased & impressed. :)

jouk45

Re: New MKI SL-X
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:54 pm »
i hope mines lasts that long, i have the mk2

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:53:31 pm »

It's like a new pole :D. Dismantled & inspected it closely, I expected much more wear than there actually is. Ok, the sections have surface wear but nothing more than expected & no more than any other pole I've had.

I got this pole when they first came out so what would that be, 2 years, maybe a tad more?

I have got the one from the first batch and two of the latest ones. My original one is probably the same as yours, so much better than the new ones, but i have kept the original clamps on mine as i prefer them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:47 pm »

Mine's (Mk2) just coming up to a year old. I have had the new clamps for about six months. (Mine had bicycle clamps if you catch my drift) It is a really good piece of kit. However my number 2 section (2nd thinnest) seems to have worn more than the rest in as much as I have to give the knurled clamp adjuster a little tweak when clamping it at the top or bottom of it's length as this section has worn at different rates at each end.

There's plenty of adjustment in the clamp  but I am "on notice".

Alex talls me that this section is usually the first to wear if like me you are using the (top- 4 sections of) pole for 90% of everything. I may buy a new number two section if it gets appreciably worse and he assures me that spares availability will not be an issue.

I find that a hosy tidy and taking extra care to wipe the pole hose before extending has reduced the need for grit removal greatly.
It's a game of three halves!