This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ajs

had a thought of starting a business
« on: February 22, 2010, 05:58:02 pm »
hi ,

i been thinking of starting a cleaning business i want to start small ie domestic then on to commercial

my question is how to get foot in door?
pricing?
and all the normal stuff i would need to know??

i hoping that some can advise me on this as i am wanting to make something of myself please help

Adam P

Re: had a thought of starting a business
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:44:39 pm »
do you have experience cleaning? think how much you want to pay, e.g. £7 per hour (you can find out average if you look at local job centre cleaning jobs) and then add holiday pay to per hour, e.g. 0.75p per hour needed for holiday, plus N.I, plus then take a rough guess at how much cleaning equipment will cost you, then add that up, say at the moment every 1 hour cleaning you'll lose £9.50 at minimum. then add whatever you want to make profit from it and that's your price per hour.

what i find is much harder to work out is how lnog it takes to clean, so 3 bed house could be 5 hours for me, but only 3 for you, so even if your pricing £15 per hour and i'm just charging £11 per hour, i'll still be much more expensive.

best way imo to get foot in the door is start google adwords advertising as it's immediate results and you can quickly back out if you decide it isn't working for you, though you will need a website.

hope this helped

good luck

ajs

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:21:17 am »
thanks for advice

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:21 am »
hi there

ok so you appear to be a window cleaner? is that correct ?

if you aare a window cleaner, then you will already have a round, therefore already got customers, sell those up to your new servcies.

you have a website name, but no pages ??

where do you start?

well you need to establish your local area, you then need to start sales activity, google adwords is one way, but leaflets through doors, advert in the local paper.

do what the other guys arent ding, so if they are just advetsing in the paper then hit the streets with leaflets!!

don t neeed to put pricing on it.

then when you get your first enquiries, then concentrate the next leaflets into that area.

regards

martin