This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

Ionics In Legal Danger?
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:09:46 pm »
Our leetle old town (Frome, Somerset) has a population of 24000. On the smallish side, yet Ironics have now sold 3 van systems here. This Reach & Wash trade mark is now worth diddly squat & now these 3 chaps are gonna find it tough to get the custies. If they were trulyconcernrd for their own customers then they wouldn't have done this & I reckon if one fails he could chase ironics through the courts as they led him to beleive there were rich pickings on the back of the exclusivity of the Reach & Wash Logo.

Kevin.

telboy

Re: Ionics In Legal Danger?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 02:19:32 pm »
Rubbish ???

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 02:30:23 pm »
Ditto ;D

Ionics do not promise any sort of exclusivity.  If they did they would have to guarantee there were no other window cleaners using any sort of similar system in the area of each sale.

Just because someone who lives in Fome bought a system doesn't restrict them to working only in Frome

GB (or UK if you prefer) is a big place ;D

idealrob

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 02:33:55 pm »
Rubbish again. What is it the most nutters want to moan about ionics, is it jelousy, i think so. we have ionics system and are over the moon with them from start to finnish, the have really helped our business. But you get nutters, and i really mean that, nutters moaning about selling 3 systems. No one is being forced against their will to buy them.
maybe a sensible w,c saw how good a sstem it is and decided to buy the same quality product, maybe , dont know and dont care

idealrob

poleman

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:43:23 pm »
Rubbish again!  ::)

idealrob

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:46:00 pm »
I dont know you kevin and bear no grudge, but to say thet Ionics in legal danger ? id a joke after your you wfp system, have a look at the h & safety issues on that thing, the list is too long to say what you could sue for and I hope ionics sues you for defarmation

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=90078.0#msg804543

Definetly a nutte*

idealrob

luther1

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:49:02 pm »
8000 customers per Ionics system. Not a bad round imo! ;)

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 03:13:40 pm »
hi kevin, i hope ur right, because then i will sue gardiners and wintecs as there is an other wc in my village using wfp, do u think i would have a case, ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 03:18:49 pm »
I can't see that the guy could sue ionics, unless they promised he was the only one around. Which I doubt

After all before you make that sort of investment it's up to you to check around and see who else uses it. Do a bit of research.

And of course the good thing is the system is in a van, so it moves on wheels to other towns for work. ;D

matt

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 03:20:10 pm »
I dont know you kevin and bear no grudge, but to say thet Ionics in legal danger ? id a joke after your you wfp system, have a look at the h & safety issues on that thing, the list is too long to say what you could sue for and I hope ionics sues you for defarmation

Definetly a nutte*

idealrob

do Ironics have a exclusive right on every term to do with "hot" ? ? ?

THE HOTTIE

its because he uses hot water

why would they sue ? ?  ? ?

paul rulton

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:27 pm »
i dont c wot the prob is ??? as pro wc's we dont tread on other wc's toes.
there is plenty of work out 4every1. nothin wrong wiv abit of comp, would
rather b up against another wc in stead of all this poo weather we ave had. ;D
after all we r all in the same bloody boat ::)

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »
Our leetle old town (Frome, Somerset) has a population of 24000. On the smallish side, yet Ironics have now sold 3 van systems here. This Reach & Wash trade mark is now worth diddly squat & now these 3 chaps are gonna find it tough to get the custies. If they were trulyconcernrd for their own customers then they wouldn't have done this & I reckon if one fails he could chase ironics through the courts as they led him to beleive there were rich pickings on the back of the exclusivity of the Reach & Wash Logo.

Kevin.

have you ever bought a ionics system ? because i have, and they never told me this fact about aman with a pole in his hand, and i will get load of work.

I dont know where you get your information from but after a look at your home made "Hottie" system, i think the 3 guys will be happy they got a ionics system.

I dont know where this exclusivity comes from? can you explain or show me whrere ionics have said this? as i would really like to know.

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 04:05:33 pm »

Definetly a nutte*

idealrob

do Ironics have a exclusive right on every term to do with "hot" ? ? ?

THE HOTTIE

its because he uses hot water

why would they sue ? ?  ? ?

I think you have got a bit confused here matt, I dont think robert is on about the term "hot" but more that kevin is slandering ionics, with information that "could" be untrue,

Ionics could happly ask kevin where the idea of the exclusivity is about there logo.

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »
Ionics is not a franchise deal. the sell wfp units. its not in their interest to limit the number of people who buy. do you turn down a customer because you have the alocated ammount per window cleaner per area. its dog eat dog out there sorry folks its a business and everyones out to make a quid.
good luck to anyone who has spent a large ammount  on a wfp set up without getting the customers they need to survive. i see a lot of people lately who have started and invested a huge sum of money into a business then start to panic when they cant work because its snowing.

drwindows

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 04:30:36 pm »
I think your getting confused with franchising.  If you buy a franchise usually the comapny agrees not to sell another franchise in your given area.  Ionics dont sell a franchise, just reach and wash machines.

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 04:42:56 pm »
I think your getting confused with franchising.  If you buy a franchise usually the comapny agrees not to sell another franchise in your given area.  Ionics dont sell a franchise, just reach and wash machines.

100% right, ionics dont franchise, they just water fed pole supplies

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 04:55:14 pm »
i am selling harris pole adaptors now on my shop site (five quid each).......i gaurantee that whoever buys one will have an exclusivity agreement....no one else in any town will have the exact adaptor as each other........and thats a promise......they may look the same, but they are not the exact same (i have got all the angles covered by consulting my lawyers on that one 8))

so no fighting over who has the only harris pole adaptor from wfpshop (.com)  ;D

ftp

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 04:56:03 pm »
New start ups Kevin or existing windy's?

I've seen a couple of big units in your town - can't remember which systems they have. One hardly ever seems to move  ???
If they are new then I wouldn't worry too much about competition 'cos they won't be able to undercut due to the high expense.
There's one ionics in my town and two others a couple of miles down the road and another two big van systems at least in my town.
Two more Ionics sytems in Radstock or over that way.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 05:13:26 pm »

Definetly a nutte*

idealrob

... sues you for defarmation? What's that idealrob; I know kevin comes from carrotcruncher land but he doesn't go round stealing farms! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 05:20:33 pm »

Definetly a nutte*

idealrob

... sues you for defarmation? What's that idealrob; I know kevin comes from carrotcruncher land but he doesn't go round stealing farms! ;D

Have a look here
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation