This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Carter

Acceptable TDS reading
« on: July 02, 2005, 09:08:33 am »
I've just aquired an aditional RO. I thought two would ensure that I will always have water. Not likely that both will play up at the same time.
Anyways's the new one has an inline TDS meter that is reading 16. I'm informed that this is as good as it will get without adding a DI. My existing RO has a DI cartridge as the third element?. It's all very confussing.
My question is do I really need this DI as our work generally is drying out fine. If 16 is ok, how high can that go before it is a problem?
On a personal note, having dealt with a few different companies now, I have yet to find one who offers a comprehensive & clear advice & guidance aspect to their service.
Onwards and Upwards...

Re: Acceptable TDS reading
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 01:41:50 pm »
some say up to 020ppm others say less i'm going to wait till it reads 010ppm to be on the safe side i have a similar reading to you from the RO of around 015ppm  ;D

TERRY AB

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 02:43:04 pm »
From my experiences you should have NO problems upto 20ppm, if doing commercial sometimes you can go to 30ppm.
Putting a DI Unit on the end gives you more peace of mind; cutting out the water element by problems. Also the purer the water the stronger the cleaning action of the water, as it will clean quicker (Pure water will try to bind impuriies to itself).
Also take into consideration that TDS meters are not always 100% correct. From time to time they need adjusting.

matt

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 02:54:55 pm »
for the price of a small cylinder of DI and the TDS of 16, i would allways add a DI

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 09:44:49 am »
HI,

My Td's is 379 going into my Ro and the final reading coming out is 7 - I still run this through a DI bottle, which drops the TD's to 0. Perfect results every time.

I would like to say anyone using pure water above 0 should really have a DI bottle added, otherwise, the WFP industry will start to get a bad reputation, for the sake of £50 for a DI bottle which will last you a good 5 - 6 months if your TD’s is under 20 is a very inexpensive way of making sure you can produce the best results.

Please people, keep your TD's to 0 or we will suffer in the long run.