This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Bear

canvassing
« on: July 01, 2005, 12:38:11 pm »

UBA1

Re: canvassing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:04:41 pm »
This chaps offering to canvass for us.

Interested?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11702&item=4390910045&rd=1

I do the same...I cover, Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Essex, Suffolk, Herts, Beds, and Cambs.

Can`t see how he can ,make a living at only charging x2 months turnover, i charge x4, but then you get training, equipment, and 4 mths of guaranteed replacement work too.

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 11:01:26 pm »
This chaps offering to canvass for us.
Yes thats a good rate.
Well worth it if the works guarenteed.

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 12:06:07 am »
Hi

No insult intended but I'd rather get my own work.

Cheaper too especially on the days when you can't work.

I like the e bay picture - I bet all the work is that easy on the round for sale.

Cheers

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 10:07:12 pm »
Set one of my girls up door knocking,
Pay= £3 for a referall
then the price of the first clean paid over two cleans,
she's very happy with the idea,

I pre leaflet the area first then door knock as a follow up.
She did 2 hours on fri afternoon and picked up 6 customers price between £8 and £10 per clean (the demograficks of the area limmit the priceing structure)
(my spelling is apalling ain't it)

6 customers =
      £18 for referals +
      £27 first half of clean fee
              Total £ 45 now with £27 in four weeks

she well pleased at earning  £36 per hour
and intends to make a go of it, she's also planning to get others to help her and pay them slightly less and keep the diff, I've trained her well..
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

andy1274

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 05:55:03 pm »
hi,

I used Paul,after many years of doing only commercial work wanted some houses and cash!  Started domestic window cleaning 20 years ago and let a good round slowly go by doing commercial only. I wanted a couple of days a week on houses to match in with other work, Found Paul on this forum and rang him.
Easy man to deal with, worked out good for me, work all within 10 mins of where i live, we quickly worked out a pricing scale that was good for me and meant we had a flow of work comming through.we are now only pricing larger houses. Phone him he will explain how it works, he has posted here under window cleaning rounds on a plate. Would be cheaper to canvas yourself but i didnt want the hassle and not too suited to it.

on another note id like to thank everyone on the forum, just setting up ro system and wfp to do our commercial work and the forum has been really helpfull.
will put some more input back into forum with details of what i put together and prices etc in next few days.

Andy

Customers4u

Re: canvassing New
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 09:49:18 am »
I do the same...I cover, Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Essex, Suffolk, Herts, Beds, and Cambs.

Can`t see how he can ,make a living at only charging x2 months turnover, i charge x4, but then you get training, equipment, and 4 mths of guaranteed replacement work too.

Hi all, just noticed this posting sequence!

I have been canvassing for window cleaning now for just over 1 year, while operating a window cleaning round at the same time.

As the bear kindly brought to the attention of members, i am selling my round as canvassing is becoming very busy for me and i cannot cope with, a round and canvassing too, even at x2 months commission, i earn enough to sell my round on with no worries at all, after all i could always re canvass a round 4 myself!!

If any of the guys and galls reading this message, need a good advertising medium, E-bay is it!! i,ve only had my advert on there about 1 week, and have £8,000 in work lined up in chigwell, with interest from colchester, liverpool, manchester, cumbria, swindon, leeds, DUNDEE!! with others calling on an almost daily basis, VERY USEFUL!

I can also train lay on equipment and guarantee work for 2 months but then i am half price after all!

Paul  :)  07862 271852 if anyone needs extra customers, commercial and domestic
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements