Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyh

Upholstery Cleaning - Dry Steam v HW Extraction
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:02:27 pm »
I currently use a dry steam cleaning machine for upholstery cleaning, and am less than satisfied with the results. Can anyone recommend a hot water extraction machine for cleaning upholstery, rugs and also car valeting mainly for the domestic market. Also need an upholstery tool that does not cause to much overspray. I am living and trading in Spain, so I would also appreciate any info on companies that supply and deliver machines and chemicals here from the UK.

Ken Wainwright

Re: Upholstery Cleaning - Dry Steam v HW Extraction New
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »
Using very hot water or steam on upholstery is a disaster waiting to happen for the inexperienced. And for most pile fabrics, steam could damage them in anyones hands.

Upholstery is more about the right chemicals, knowledge and experience rather than the actual machine, as long as you have a proper upholstery tool and not a carpet hand tool. Most 2x3 vacs with a minimum of 100psi are capable of good results with the right tool in thew right hands.

If you haven't done a formal upholstery training course, do it ASAP. It's essential.

As for machine brands, I would advise something that has good support and back up in your area. I know Prochem are international but is there a distributor in your area? If you follow this NCCA link, you will find a list of their Associate Members. Many are suppliers who trade internationally. Just research their web pages via the links provided.

As for hand tools, my preference is for a CFR. Very expensive but you can change the jets in an instant to suit the job and the tool has a choice of 3" and 5" heads, But the cost for  heads, all the jets and conversion hose will be in the order of £600. They're available from Amtech.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!