This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

baldeagle

"On-demand" window cleaning?
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:12:44 pm »
Whose got a better memory than me?

I seem to remember somebody mentioning a method they employ of "on-demand" window cleaning.

Trouble is, I can't find it in the "search" facility because I can't remember exactly what it was called.

The customer telephones when they want the clean and it is "fitted in" within a stated time scale [x number of working days], or similar.  There was a higher price charged of course; can anybody direct me towards it, please?

Baldeagle, in Staffordshire.
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

The Bear

Re: "On-demand" window cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:14:23 pm »

baldeagle

Re: "On-demand" window cleaning?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 10:50:40 pm »
Thanks Bear!

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

rosskesava

Re: "On-demand" window cleaning? New
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:41:21 pm »
It works but it takes time to really get going but when it does..................

It also takes a bit of erm.......... 'courage' to say that the call out is twice the monthly cost.

I used to cross my fingers behind my back and just say it. Surprisingly, about 2 out of 3 customers are happy to pay when they accept being on the callout service. Some huff and puff but unfortunately, business is business.

Now I give new customers the options every time and let them choose. Some, who agreed to a 4 weekly clean, have said when I've phoned them after 4 weeks,  to call back again next month and I always repeat the options and I do not call them again. Then, if they then call me back a few months later, I tell them the cost will be twice what we quoted for 4 weekly cleans and most decline.

I've found that customers who accept the twice the cost for the call out service when we originally do their windows are happy to pay it when they call us.

We have one customer who may call us 3 or more times a month on our call out service, and then not for months on end. He likes to throw parties and bar b ques during the summer and always prides himself on clean windows. He also likes to refer to us as 'HIS' window cleaners to his friends.

That one customer is worth over £500 a year and about £1600 over the last 3 years

Cheers