This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

my B&Q 3.48 quid a pair gloves review
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »
right i used them today

it was 3 C here most of the day

after H2ose recommended them, i thought i would give them a go

i was going to order the showa that formb has recommended from arco ( infact i still will, as i need to order some brushes aswell )

very nice gloves, kept my hands as warm as can be, the only downside is they are a touch draughty and would be better with a elastic cuff, BUT they are great for taking on and off ( because they have a open cuff )

i dont like my hands too warm and sweaty, which i think i might suffer from with the Joka's

very recommended  :)

3.48, a bargain and they were nice and warm

Jeff Brimble

Re: my B&Q 3.48 quid a pair gloves review
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »
Wot are they called or maybe a link ?

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:52:29 pm »
Wot are they called or maybe a link ?
You beat me to it  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

darragh windows

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:02:49 pm »
mat i think people have exaggerated the joka gloves they are very warm but not to the extent where your hands would sweat well not mine anyway they too have an open cuff so are easy to take on and off
jamie

matt

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:20 pm »
Oppps sorry folks, i forgot the link

cheers H2ose

poole bay

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 09:06:56 pm »
there ok if your doing some weeding lol  :D

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »
i use them when cleaning gutters n stuff. ok for that but not for wfp i  would have thought

http://www.theyachtshop.co.uk/items/clothing/commercial-fishing/gloves/gloves-showa-460-insulated-h55046-detail.htm

i have thes ealso butpast few weeks they are feckin stinkin inside for some reason. if buying get a size bigger as very tight i feel. they have  a size chart ye print out i am sure. Mt fingertips ge tvery cold using thes ealso

matt

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:42 pm »
another day

they really are nice gloves, i have seen a very thin pair of microfleece gloves that will fit inside them, should make them much warmer

cybersye

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »
thanks for the tip Matt, picked some up today whilst I was in there.
Reckon they are the way to go, cheap as chips and just stick a thermal glove liner underneath.
No expensive glove I've ever bought has lasted more than a few weeks and doubt my girlfriend would be too happy if I knackered the snowboarding gloves she bought me for xmas :D

Simon

matt

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
thanks for the tip Matt, picked some up today whilst I was in there.
Reckon they are the way to go, cheap as chips and just stick a thermal glove liner underneath.
No expensive glove I've ever bought has lasted more than a few weeks and doubt my girlfriend would be too happy if I knackered the snowboarding gloves she bought me for xmas :D

Simon

it was H2ose who posted about them  ;), i just tried them and they work, so i thought i would share the info

gary999

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 09:08:58 pm »
i wear a similar version cost me a pound a pair from
my local diy shop
last me months,warm weather i wear on there own

and this time of year i  stick a thin liner glove underneath

matt

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:27 pm »
i wear a similar version cost me a pound a pair from
my local diy shop

PAH, a quid, wouldnt catch me in anything so cheap  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 11:07:27 pm »
Chatting to a couple of trad cleaners the other day and they were wearing blue marigolds with gloves inside. Seemed to work well but I don't think they were picking up any mega commercial jobs. So unprofessional!

matt

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:31 pm »
Chatting to a couple of trad cleaners the other day and they were wearing blue marigolds with gloves inside. Seemed to work well but I don't think they were picking up any mega commercial jobs. So unprofessional!

when trad i used to use a pair of heavy duty marigolds, it was hard at times as you need to detail and its not really do-able with gloves on

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 11:58:15 pm »

when trad i used to use a pair of heavy duty marigolds, it was hard at times as you need to detail and its not really do-able with gloves on
I still do and you`re right, detailing is a bit trickier. You also lose the feel of the cloth. You don`t notice as much when it`s too damp.   
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:54:42 am »
I have been using something similar from my local homebase for a while now. Cheap and perfectly adequate. They are gardening gloves I use but they are just as good if not better than some of these so called window cleaners gloves that cost  £20 plus postage and fall to bits in a month.