This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

WHY IS THIS FORUM SO SLOW TONIGHT AGAIN ?
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »
Can someone please let me know why this forum is going so slow as of late, it is well annoying.

Everytime this question is asked we never get an answer. could admin or a mod please answer this PRETTY PLEASE  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ta-ra

Re: WHY IS THIS FORUM SO SLOW TONIGHT AGAIN ?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:04:48 pm »
As long as the numbers log in, and the ads at the top work ,and the mods mod the silly little people who logi here, then it don't matter how slow the site is, even if there are other faster sites out there.  Fact is we are all used to coming here.

Get used to it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:11:10 pm »
And must be the admin team that voted it was faster  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

poole bay

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:22:01 pm »
i heard there is a new site opening a reall fast one just like this site lets hope so  ???

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:28:34 pm »
Can someone please let me know why this forum is going so slow as of late, it is well annoying.

Everytime this question is asked we never get an answer. could admin or a mod please answer this PRETTY PLEASE  ;D

Ian, just out of interest

what connection speed have you got ? ?  ?? is it shared in your houses ? ?  ? children surfing / DL'ing ? ? ? ?

you seem to suffer from slow speeds on here a fair bit

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:47 pm »
has been for weeks ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:47:07 am »

Ian, just out of interest

what connection speed have you got ? ?  ?? is it shared in your houses ? ?  ? children surfing / DL'ing ? ? ? ?

you seem to suffer from slow speeds on here a fair bit
upto 8 meg, and get 7.8 i live just round the corner from the exchange also because I thought this maybe a problem my end I dragged bt to test all lines and got the tear 2 support to run tests it is not my end  ;D I know this because I can shoot people on modern warefare xbox with no lag  ;D
I have 2 pcs and laptop in my office each is slow when on ciu yet facebook works super quick as does the loading of my web site www.windowwashers.co.uk
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:43 am »
I have the same problem intermittently and my computer is not on a household network.  I also have a cable service and live within a mile of the local exchange (though I've no idea which route the cables take).
Although I'm on a relatively slow service up to 2 megabytes, other sites do not suffer in the same way as this one.
However, this site is free to use.  Server bandwidth has to be paid for.  I assume Mike Boxall wants to keep his costs down.  There is a financial squeeze generally and I try to keep my own costs down so I don't see why he shouldn't too.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:08:24 am »
I have the same problem intermittently and my computer is not on a household network.  I also have a cable service and live within a mile of the local exchange (though I've no idea which route the cables take).
Although I'm on a relatively slow service up to 2 megabytes, other sites do not suffer in the same way as this one.
However, this site is free to use.  Server bandwidth has to be paid for.  I assume Mike Boxall wants to keep his costs down.  There is a financial squeeze generally and I try to keep my own costs down so I don't see why he shouldn't too.
maybe a paid option on this forum could help this along, I would not mind paying a small fee to get this site upgraded to 2010 standards

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:40 pm »
i get 1.2 meg, i live miles and miles away for the exchange :(

this site is never slow for me, i have other sites that are slow, but this seems to be ok

CIU could do with not being on such a shared server, but then again a dedicated box will cost more money

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 09:16:01 pm »
seems like my post got deleted.

truth allways hurts.