This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scud

Re: first customers arggghhh
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 07:59:48 pm »
  Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you?

wizard

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »
John Walker you should put a photo of a  burger on you leaflets it could be a 2 course meal a burger and a whiskey and pure water  on the rocks.

TO Formb: Were will you get a list of another window cleaner and there custys from. IF you can  plerase tell me. I think its what you call round and they would be the first ones i would knock on. One thing for sure you will never find a list of my custies.

Ian Mason

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 09:08:25 pm »
Hi all,

I was doing a bit of market research, & delivered leaflets, but noticed that many homes have notices warning against cold callers.

I walked up one path, & saw one of these notices, so decided it best not to post a leaflet afterall, & turned around to leave, but then this woman come out her home, said nothing, but gave me a right sh**y look as if to ask what I was up to. I thought sod it, i`m not going to explain what it`s about, lol.

Some people want the best of both worlds.

chopsie

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 09:12:14 pm »
don't worry about those signs,knock/deliver anyway,else you will never get a round  :)
chopsie

Ian Mason

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:59 pm »
don't worry about those signs,knock/deliver anyway,else you will never get a round  :)

Hi Chopsie,

I shall try & find out exactly where, but I am sure that some areas even have a legal thing preventing cold callers & leaflet dropping, unless you obtain permission from the council. I think it was more of a ID thing really, following distraction burglaries.

stevef78

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »
Hi all,

I was doing a bit of market research, & delivered leaflets, but noticed that many homes have notices warning against cold callers.

I walked up one path, & saw one of these notices, so decided it best not to post a leaflet afterall, & turned around to leave, but then this woman come out her home, said nothing, but gave me a right sh**y look as if to ask what I was up to. I thought sod it, i`m not going to explain what it`s about, lol.

Some people want the best of both worlds.

i can only imagine someone knocked her door to buy one of those stickers as they would have to be sad to go the shops to buy one...buyers are liars...!!!
i would make it a principle to knock there doors as there more than likley to be any old crap,dont be put off mate

woody1

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 11:14:50 pm »
door knocking for custys is not cold calling its offering a service totally diff mate well thats when i was seen by the plod in a no cold calling zone they just left me to it

wezzy32

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 11:20:34 pm »
what happens if the sign says no canvassing?
keep on smiling

rob child

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 04:19:18 pm »
im in lincoln itself but everywhere seems to be covered just my luck eh!!!

formb

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 05:10:49 pm »
I have never once knocked on a door for a new customer. I have 3952 customers. 85% from leaflets, 5% word of mouth, 5% yellow pages, 5% sign on vehicles. When I started I got an army of 10 - 15 young lads and they helped me do my first leaflet drop. We normally get a return of 1 to 2 %. Leaflets work you just need to up your amount.

How many peoplke working for you.

Also, if you are going to knock on doors get a list of local window cleaners and avoid their houses. You don't want to get chinned.

Just knock the doors, if the custy says they got a cleaner, just thank them and be on your way, just dont quote if they got a cleaner.

10 OF US ALLTOGETHER

wizard

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:31 am »
We are not cold calling or canvissing we are informing the public af services offered in the area. Get the drift. If not informing then we are just dropping  service pack  for a client.Catch it man. Change the name of what you ar ding all the time.