This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nl window cleaners

problem tucker pole system
« on: June 19, 2005, 05:43:25 am »
BEEN USING WFP NOW BUT FIND IT LEAVES SPOTS AND STREAKS .
1/ POSSIBLE REASON
CLEANING DONE IN BRIGHT SUNLIGHT
2/
WATER IN TANK FILLED FROM DESALINATED (SEAWATER WITH SALT REMOVED )THEN FILTERED THROUGH RESIN
i WORK ON THE COSTA DEL SOL ANY IDEAS TO THE REASON I CANT GET THE RESULTS PROMISED ON THE BOX?????????

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: tuckers w.f.p.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:54:48 am »
you don't say how long you have been using wfp? it can sometimes take a few cleans to get them nice, plenty of rinsing is also required, best to use brand new water containers as they maybe contaminated
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 09:35:54 am »
If your TDS is zero it won't be the water.
It could be because the glass you are cleaning is fairly hot, this means the water will evaporate and dry out before any residual contaminants has been able to fully rinse away.
Spray the glass first to cool it down a little and spend a little more time rinsing.
If you have only just started using WFP then you also have to spend a lot more time cleaning the windows, you have to completely remove all old detergent residue from the glass and in particular, the edges where the glass meets the framework.
Any gaps, even the tiniest ones will gather dried in detergent residue, each time you use the WFP it the water will go into these gaps and water will bleed out of them, drawing out part of that residue each time. So you must watch out for that.

Is most of your work of the commercial variety? My sister lives out there and all the residential stuff has bars in front of the windows, my brother in law makes them!

If you are cleaning in the heat of the day then you are going to have to do a lot of rinsing.
But don't  rely on holding the brush off the glass to do so, rest the tips of the bristles of your brush lightly on the glass then as you work your way down the pane of glass the bristles will also help ensure any particles are brought down the pane quicker.

Find a few accounts or windows that you can experiment on. The glass will dry out very quickly over there so it will only be a few minutes before you can check your results.
Oh, and don't forget to makes sure your brush is totally clean too!!

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

nl window cleaners

problem tucker pole system
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 12:54:29 am »
Help me please Im going mad Ive gone into partnership with this guy Ive given him a box van to put the equitment in andset him up Ive also paid nigh on 4000£ but when we go to jobs we end up a ladder going over windows .
Is he having me over or what ??????

nl window cleaners

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 01:01:15 am »
taken on board but still unhappy about cost - time taken to rectifie also using desalinated water does this affect because not just bad streaks really terrible something wrong have I wasted £4ooo away on a rubbish peice of kit.

(Swearing changed to more appropriate language by Mod).

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:09:33 am »
Whichever piece of kit you have bought won't be rubbish, not for 4 grand anyway!
De-salinated water is fine, if the water is pure then it's pure.
It comes down to your technique, though some glass is worse than others, and if there is a coating on the glass then that can cause problems too.
But unless it is something to do with the actual glass itself then it can only be your technique.

Have you checked the TDS reading of your water at the brush head?

If it is high, then remove the brush and fill a glass with the water straight from the pole hose and check it again.
If it is between 0.000 and 0.015ppm then it will not be the water.

Are you doing residential or commercial work?

What sort of frames do the windows have?

Does it happen on every single window you clean without exception?

Very hard to say where you are going wrong without a very detailed breakdown from you.

Regards,

Ian

gaza

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 08:12:26 pm »
nl :two free tickets and accomodation and ILL COME OVER AND SORT YOUR PROBLEM OUT FOR YOU ;D
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Re: problem tucker pole system
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:53 pm »
ive used tucker for two years without any problems what so ever how can i assist you?

nl window cleaners

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 04:17:27 am »
Every time I use it I have to go over it 3 times ,Maybe the water is problem its desalinated in gibraltar.After a £8000 investment im not impressed yet any guidence would be much appreciated !!!!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 08:56:49 am »
Desalination plants, as I understand it, use Reverse Osmosis, kinda bigger than the one you use though!
If your TDS reading of your pure water is between 0.000ppm and 0.015ppm then it isn't your water.

Moderator hat on

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to merge this thread with the other one you started on exactly the same subject, it'll save me from repeating myself if nothing else! :-\

Regards,

Ian

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 10:51:23 pm »
now im confused cos your investment has gone up from £4000 to £8000 which one is it?
I wasted £4ooo away on a rubbish peice of kit.

After a £8000 investment im not impressed

nl window cleaners

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 02:56:46 am »
Full value of poles is £8000 imin for half ?

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 11:27:47 am »
what system you using then because i have dual tucker,2 pumps, 700ltr system 3 pole set up and £300 of pole extensions and my system dosent come any where near £8000?