This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

collins82002

Shurflo pump problem!!
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:10:55 pm »
Hi guys,
Got a problem with my shurflo pump thats in the van between tank and reel,  its not delivering water like it used to.
It coughs and splutters water out on a trickle even when the controller it turned right up and have tried it without the controller and still the same.
Any ideas???

russ_clark

Re: Shurflo pump problem!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »
sounds like an air lock to me.
make sure there is water going in the inlet and that
the pump is priming.
once its primed it should be ok.
could also be pressure switch but I have never changed one of those.
Russ

collins82002

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:04:35 pm »
Panic over found the problem.

After thinking that i had insolated my system from freezing over the past few week just found a crack in the strainer body that was sucking air and sending the water pressure iregular.  so took strainer off and bobs ya uncle works fine, just gotta run it a few days without strainer untill new one is order.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:33:42 pm »

After thinking that i had insolated my system from freezing over the past few week just found a crack in the strainer body that was sucking air and sending the water pressure iregular.  so took strainer off and bobs ya uncle works fine, just gotta run it a few days without strainer untill new one is order.

if you got a "go outdoors" by you they will have one on the shelf

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »

i had same problem that you had, only my van ended up like a swimming pool, did yours?
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

karygate

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 08:29:55 am »
strainers cause more problems than they solve.don,t bother putting it back on chris
gary

collins82002

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 10:05:44 am »
Didnt flood van but i got very wet.   Ordered a new one £6 and repaired the other one cause its like a plastic/fibre glass material.  I just heated up a screw drive on the cooker and braised the crack, tried it this morning and its perfect for now. Oh and had another casulty too, one of my di canister shattered over the cold period luckly ive use 2.

To stop this happening again im gonna build a pump box over the weekend.

Hi Gary hows things? hope business is well?  Have a good xmas?

karygate

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:18:42 am »
had all my filter cases crack last week but doing well now.picked up 5 new custys in 2 days.
gary

collins82002

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:21:52 am »
good all this snow and dirty windows ££££££££££££££££££

Just need the bloody weather to do it.