This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

pics for website
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:14:34 pm »
Does abybody have any i can borrow for my website please?im based in cleethorpes and wondered if i could borrow any please as im just getting website together
cheers

BDCS

Re: pics for website
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:54:12 pm »
of what ?

Adam P

Missy dusty

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »
What ever you do DONT take pictures off of Google images ,you could  get a hefty fine for using somebody elses pic without authorization..trust me  :-X

Adam P

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 07:28:22 pm »
What ever you do DONT take pictures off of Google images ,you ll get a hefty fine for using somebody elses pic without authorization..trust me  :-X

very true. if the op is just using something to get the site together then will replace once site is compelte then should be no problem.

Missy dusty

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:25 pm »
Beware of Picscout, Id say,they scoul through many a websites,and if they find you using any images ,for your buisness,unauthorised ,they fine you ,not worth even attempting it. :P

suffolkclean

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:05:42 pm »
 istockphoto  is a website full of photos which you pay for not very expensive, used this for our van graphics

dandandan

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »
How will someone,just say in the USA or other side of the country know if he is using their pics in local flyers etc?Do you know of anyone who has been fined for doing this?Surely 99% of pics are not covered by copyright laws.

Missy dusty

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »
 Were talking websites here, not flyers,check this company out http://williamfaulkner.co.uk/wordpress/2007/09/picscout-getty-images-and-goodbye-istockphoto/

dandandan

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:40:37 am »
I am saying how will someone know you`ve pasted a pic off their website,surely hardly any pics on websites are not covered by copyright laws.How will a company in the USA for instance know you are using their pics on a flyer in England.

Adam P

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
I am saying how will someone know you`ve pasted a pic off their website,surely hardly any pics on websites are not covered by copyright laws.How will a company in the USA for instance know you are using their pics on a flyer in England.

pretty obvious answer isn't it? they wont unless someone tells them/they see it by chance

Powerwasher

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 03:03:01 pm »
Why steal them when you buy some for pennies?

Missy dusty

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »
How will someone,just say in the USA or other side of the country know if he is using their pics in local flyers etc?Do you know of anyone who has been fined for doing this?Surely 99% of pics are not covered by copyright laws.

Your twisting things round here,we re originally talking about using pics from Google Images ...on websites IMA.

I do not personally know of any body getting caught using the images from their on their websites ,but it was something I was going to do recently myself,but after approaching two website designers,they both give me a big no ,one of which told me about this Pic scout company on the look out,and if everyone went round doing it , it would basically put web site designers outta pocket. :o

I also use another forum,dont know of the guys personally again ,but there were two posts last year of of two sepearte people being fined for using unauthorised pics on their websites,which were actually infact designed by website designers,point being I would say ,its far more sensable to purchase your pictures and also keep the reciept as proof.

Im no IT expert but when it comes to maybe reusing a pic youve already displayed on the net ,if someone else is is using it, when you click on the pic,wouldnt it direct you to their website?

Correct me if Im wrong someone please. :-\

I personally I dont think its worth the risk,how smaller a chance people think they may not get caught a,£50 quid fine maybe, thousands..na..not worth it,do it the sensible way...buy it and keep your reciept as proof !!!

Roger Oakley

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »
It's called intellectual copyright

Copyright protects the original expression of ideas, not the ideas themselves. It is free and automatically safeguards your original works of art and literature, music, films, sound recording, broadcasts and computer programs from copying and certain other uses,
Copyright protection is provided under the Copyright Act 1968 and gives exclusive rights to license others in regard to copying the work, performing it in public, broadcasting it, publishing it and making an adaptation of the work. Rights vary according to the nature of the work. Those for artistic works, for instance, are different to those for literary and musical works.

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »

Correct me if Im wrong someone please. :-\

he's not twisting things, just asking another question related to what is being discuess in this thread.

you're incorrect about the image. try right clicking an image on the internet, then click save as, the image is now on your pc. then just as you would with the files for the website, upload them online with the image and it's now on your space not theirs.

BDCS

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »
Why don't you take photos of your work and use those ?

Adam P

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »
Why don't you take photos of your work and use those ?

are you suggesting that there isn't a difference between what a professional photographer can product then a cleaner?

BDCS

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 07:23:18 pm »
Do you think someone looking for a cleaner will judge you on the difference in quality of your photos on your website, we have a bouncy castle hire business and the castles that I photograph are what the customer gets. I personally think its dishonest to snide photos of others work and present it as if its your own. Some photos are hard to get and I could understand using library ones but I did ask of what in an earlier post which I don't think was answered

Bill1903

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 07:36:25 pm »
I was on a business starter course a few years ago and one guy there had been fined thousands because his partner had used photos on their website without permission.

Cost him his house :o

He was starting out all over again(without partner)

Not worth the risk-just use own pics or buy/get permission

Missy dusty

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »
I was on a business starter course a few years ago and one guy there had been fined thousands because his partner had used photos on their website without permission.

Cost him his house :o

He was starting out all over again(without partner)

Not worth the risk-just use own pics or buy/get permission

There you go ,just goes to show..thanks for this reply btw ;)