Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

How are you perceived on the forum
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »
I am interested to see how people think they are viewed on here, how they feel their responses are read and whether they feel that they are coming across as professional in all areas or do we let ourselves down by the way we react.

I hope that I come across professionally - though I know i can retaliate if I feel I am being attacked.

It is my belief and I have had a conversation regarding this that the forum, although it can be lighthearted and some form of release it is also a window that we represent ourselves to others through.

I have formed valuable working relationships on the forum and I want to create others, with key individuals of the same value. If I am drawn into countless arguments am I seen as a good guy but not someone who others could work with or is an argumentative nature not an issue.

Been on here for 5 years now and it is definately more aggressive, maybe too many larger than necessary
egos.

Rob ;D

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

Re: How are you perceived on the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »
always going to be the same on any forum,

i have been on hunting forums for about 6-7years. must of been signed up on ten or more over the years.

There was always the little "groups" that will atract the most attention, and then there was the people who put up good posts, and hardly got any replies. Why  ??? Well i dont know the answer to that, its just the way it goes..

for example on the hunting sites, there will be shooters vs doglads..... same on here, there seems to be a bit of wfp vs trad.

It'll never change

BORBRYCE

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:31:29 pm »
Why bother, why give it a second thought. 99% of the people on forums you will never ever meet in the flesh, suppose in a sence they are not real. The ones who matter in life are your family and friends.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:35:20 pm »
I bother because the forum is a large group of people with their own network of customers/clients that can be shared and utilised to create further business opportunities that can be rewarding to both parties.

I have also made some long lasting friendships alongside the business interests.

Rob ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »
i have never bothered what people think of me or care to the point, i know I'm normal down to earth, as for the rest of you i think you all came from the funny farm or fraggle rock.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:52:32 pm »
Why bother, why give it a second thought. 99% of the people on forums you will never ever meet in the flesh, suppose in a sence they are not real.

I thought that till I went to the window cleaning show at Birmingham NEC.  I bumped into a whole load of ugly members from here.  One of the incidents I remember is that Dave St Ives tried to get my head kicked in from Terry Burrows, over some daft comment I made over Terry's hair (he's only a black belt in karate).  And later I ended up sleeping with Ian Giles.  It wasn't pretty, I tell you.  That was probably the catalyst for me joining AA and I don't mean the road recovery service.

Plus I know just about all the guys who clean windows and post here in SE Wales; and there's a fair few of them.

So careful who you upset on the forum, you never know when you'll bump into them.   ;D

pingu

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 08:53:59 pm »
Dull, longwinded and nearing a complete OCD state ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »
iv seen how some persive me......do i care.....why should i? i know what iam about and i know that i rn my business by making my clients or potential clients happy.

Do i want to do business with people on this forum.......well yes the right type of person i also help othere businesses and im happy to do so has i was once in there shoes.

To many people attack and name call and then the reaction is considered the bigger evil.

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:04:16 pm »
I think I'm viewed as one of the better looking window cleaners on this forum, one with a well-developed sense-of-humour, handsome (have I mentioned that already?), intelligent, with a fair modicum of common-sense to add.  I'm the sort of bloke you'd want to call your friend and introduce to your other friends, to show that you're not a total loser; I'm the sort of guy you'd love to have a few beers with, but couldn't trust your wife to drive me home for fear of 'losing' her.

I guess I'm viewed as a pretty cool window cleaner to be honest.

mci services

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »
i am ignored :'(

bet nobody quotes this or replys for at least an hour. iam a post stopper :'(

please help

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:52 pm »
iv seen how some persive me......do i care.....why should i? i know what iam about and i know that i rn my business by making my clients or potential clients happy.

Do i want to do business with people on this forum.......well yes the right type of person i also help othere businesses and im happy to do so has i was once in there shoes.

To many people attack and name call and then the reaction is considered the bigger evil.

Ronnie, stop the bleeding heart stuff and read on:

I'm reading this book, I'm not going to say the name of it; 'cos if you google for it, you'll take the mick out of me for being a 'lentil eater', but here's a piece of good advice from it; it really does work.

When someone criticises you - don't bite back.  Keep cool and ask yourself if the criticism is true.

Here's an example of how it works.  This morning I couldn't find my wallet and was running about the house looking for it and Wor Lass was stood at the front door waiting for me; and she hates waiting for anyone.

So, on the third trip round my usual hiding places for my wallet Wor Lass said, 'Tosh, do you know you're so annoying!'.  Now my usual reaction would be to remind her of how she annoys me, but I didn't.  I asked myself the question, 'Am I annoying?', and you know what, I am!  She was dead right.

This book reckons those people (particularly our wives and window cleaning forum members) who criticise us are our 'teachers', and we should use them as such.

So, Ronnie, the next time someone says something negative about you, for example:
Ronnie, you're a proper numpty!
you've got to ask yourself, 'Am I a numpty?' and be honest with your answer, Ronnie, be totally honest.
 ;D

Regards,

Tosh the Spiritual Giro Guru

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:47:39 pm »
Words of the Dull eyed lama that was Tosh  ;D ;D ;D
Sussex by the sea

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »
Well if my 'teacher' says so .............

like you said early though people may be on the other end of a computer but you neer know when you may meet theses people........name callng is what bullys do in a school yard and bully never prosper

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »
Words of the Dull eyed lama that was Tosh  ;D ;D ;D

I like that!  If you made that up yourself, well done!  Very funny.
 ;D

cozy

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:36 pm »
I only come on here to talk to Archer and Squeaky, but Squeaky ignores me and Archer takes ages to think up an answer, so it takes days to have any fun. ::) Used to pick on Ewan, but he started being normal, so no fun there. ::)

reflection

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »
I agree in a way with saying i dont care how people see me on this forum but thats if your going on these forums just for a chat with people you dont know. but if you go on in the hope of getting contacts and more work witch does happen then you have to be professional you dont gain work or customers bein a clown or a wise ass. When i joined this forum i thought it was great but i think its starting to go down hill because of the way people are using it sometimes you ask a question and you only if your lucky get one sensible answer i think this forum has the potential to be fantastic because there are so many people on this forum but only if people answer the questions that are being asked. If your just looking a chat or a joke then go into the non cleaning related section.

cozy

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:54 pm »
I agree to a point, I like a laugh and joke and LOVE a windup. I have picked up lots of tips and tricks on here, and had my opinion changed quite a few times. Doesn't mean a forum has to be just business. It's a forum, hope that makes sense. There is room for it all, so long as the forum is "Jumping" then it must stand on it's own merrits. If it was as bad as you see it, then it would be dead surely?

gewindows

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 10:47:44 pm »
Someone said I was a rascist once.

Someone said they think Im funny.

Someone said I lose the plot.

Someone said I deserve better for the efforts I put in.

I guess Im a mixed bag in the eyes of others on here.

Nowt as queer as folk and it takes allsorts to make the world go round. I guess Im just another one of the teeth in the cog of CIU.

reflection

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 10:49:13 pm »
I dont think its bad sometimes you feel like asking a question and you think whats the point.
Im not just going by my own posts iv red other peoples posts that hav had a lot of replys and thought did they even get an answer to their question. its ok having a laugh and a bit of light heartedness if it was all completly serious it would be boring and wouldnt hav as many people but people are posting questions they want an answer why not give them some help.
And for those of you that give a lot of help and advise please dont take any offence because there is a lot of you who are very very helpful.

cozy

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:52:54 pm »
That is well put mate. Maybe if you gave an example? I've asked questions and got lots of replies, but maybe only 2 from 20 answers from 20 posts. People are people, and personalities do come across in how people post replies. It can be frustrating when you have an important (to you) question. But that is the nature of forums in general. Well forums that are busy.