Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james44

Re: your highest paid job
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 01:27:03 am »
Don`t under price  zeusjzmin  just to get work you  will regret it later

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 08:04:19 am »
£100.00 council office £300 racing team office £1,000 food facrctory office lots of blocks of flats from £65-400 largest house £170.00 smallest 15 dont do anything under this

DODA

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 12:08:17 pm »
Hi Guys/Gals

new to this forum so hello to all.
most expensive 40.00 for a council building wfp all high windows 45 mins work if i had more like that i would be a rich and happy man. ;D
lowest 4.00 small 3 bed semi old dears i curse every month i do them but they are all nice people no fussing around 10 min jobs  >:(
i will have to put my prices up soon

darren...............

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 01:29:40 pm »
Highest domestic - £40 but it's insides too.

Highest commercial - £20 pub.

Used to do one house for Ian at £90, but it was once a year and in and out of small georgians!
Worse still, inside of conservatory roof. Green water in the hair! >:(

At least it could be done in 3 hours...

Roger.

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 10:39:47 pm »
Our best paying job is £4 for one shop window and a door in between 2 large commercial jobs. It takes under 90 seconds.

Our best paying resindentual job is £90 for about an hours work for 3 of us although to start with it took over 2 hours.

The best paying commercial job we now have is £320 for 3 to 4 hours work for 3 of us although it is a short term contract - 5 or 6 months. It's doing all the windows/windscreens on loads of industrial diggers, jcb's, portacabins, etc that are used for a big renovation job in a marina so they get seriously covered in salt every week.

The big problem is they have to be done before work starts every Monday at 9am.

It does me in being up that early.

Cheers

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2005, 05:40:59 pm »
£20 for me town houses (40 minutes) min domestic charge £10
£8 for a shop - 15 min job -
 going wfp and looking  for some modest commercials :D

Old_Master

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 12:48:03 am »
Smallest £25.00
largest job ever £55,000 one off clean ;D
unfortunatly that one only comes up every few years, I would like that one every month!

Many at £5000 to £20,000 they are not regular :(.
Average monthly job £150.00 -£250,00
Largest monthly job £1,400.

poleman

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 02:04:24 am »
Poleman,
£20k PER clean..!!!
what on earth is that job?? and how often!!!

Sorry not going to give out the company name or details, for commercial resons because its a open forum, and any one local to me can read and then phone the company and get the work, and I would be gutted, and I am sure you would be, we do start the next clean next month so your more than welcome to come down and see my team at work, poles cherry pickers and abseiling window cleaners.

Andy 

texas girl

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 03:53:02 am »
My highest paid job was an account with Wilsonart International.

We did 12 buildings.  $3500.00 per month; and none of the buildings were really big; 3  second story  jobs; the rest easy to reach; This was 5 years ago.

My total contract pay out was $1700.00  so it was nice to clear the $1800.00 each month.

The company was bought out by a foreign company and they did away with a lot of job slots so some guys that were about to retire took over some maintenance jobs (such as mine )in order to finish their years to reach retirement status.

I understood; hated to loose that account .  I did Nextel until March of this year. $1000. per cleaning. A nationwide janitorial chain took over the contract when mine expired and included the windows with their janitorial price.

I'll bet they are at a loss regarding the windows; specialty but could be done in one day with 2 people busting buns.  We did the windows every 3 months.

I think I may call them in a few months, but it is a trend these days; janitorial says "we will include the windows'.  Ends up with minimum wage workers useing paper towels and windex, or similar.

To those who only look at the bottom line; they will receive the bottom service.

Doing residences over here is lucrative. The trick is to keep folks on a call up calender because the typical schedule is each 6 months in and out.
The average cost is $250- $400.00 per; proper management will keep every week full of houses; the key is PROPER MANAGEMENT!

That is the direction I am going in because over here the housing industry is bursting!

Tends to be more competition in commercial. Having been in business for 25 years I have a great list of customers and the yellow pages is a blessing for me.

WORK SMART; NOT HARD. I work 4 days/week. Soon will be 3. PROPER MANAGEMENT; people are difficult but I like management better than bun busting. Sometimes I get ticked off at my workers but then I remember how wonderful my job is when I am out on the lake.

Keep on keeping on in this business; it is a hidden goldmine!

Hugs,

Debbie :-*
Debbie

*foxman

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 04:32:12 am »
£50,000 for abseiling a load of apartments in city centre. Tidy

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 12:04:09 am »
on my first post i put down my highest domestic as £20,
this has now changed as i picked up a new job yesterday priced at £30
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 12:27:44 am »
Hi Grafters

Well done. That first step for the higher priced stuff was, I found, so difficult.

Hi Texas

Still busting your buns then.

Good to hear from you again.

Hugs etc

Ross

steve k

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 06:55:43 pm »
poleman,
not details...just a pen picture..eg: "5 storey building with 500 windows..."

Amazing to see how people progress from building up a round to quoting and doing jobs of that size... ;)

good on ya and best wishes ;D

g_griffin

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 09:09:14 pm »
Mine has to be Joseph Egbujor`s windows. I can`t say how much.

Gerry.

steve k

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 06:57:23 pm »
poleman..
it`s not the one on front of PWC magazine is it...??
do you overhead rinse the glass at that height or just leave brush in situ. at top of glass and let water run down glass to rinse?
I would love to be doing jobs of that magnitude in the future but have no idea how you would go about securing a deal of that size...quoting, employing staff, health and safety...!!! ???
As I said...good on ya!!! ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 12:04:44 am »
my best so far is £75 (domestic) 23 windows and garage door

Jon T.C.

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2005, 04:50:19 pm »
£110 for an office - £25 domestic, as from this morning £100!! ;D

BTW - How's the baby Jay ?

Just landed a hotel for £510 per month 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Rob_Mac

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 09:29:55 pm »
Currently ( Monday till Friday minimum) on a substantial clean up at £500 per day and there will be additional work next  week.

Rob ;D ;D ;D ;D

dave_carroll

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 02:16:19 am »
Rob,
           i'm free sat/sun if needed

Dave
swamps

MPJK

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 04:39:18 pm »
Although I've not been trading too long, commercially mine's £320 and residentially it's £35 every 4 weeks.  I picked-up a customer the other day as they'd recently got rid of their previous w/c for charging £32 to do a 3-bed house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they employed him for 5 months before they realised!!!

I aint, cheap...but I'm certainly not that expensive.  It only took me 30 minutes to do all window/frames and then I was taking my time!!

Horses for courses!