This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

so bloody angry !
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:40:37 am »
Did my confirmations last night for todays work... All good.

Got a text this morning from a customer saying the gate was frozen up and wont open so to leave it.

Ok, but i need the money at the moment (saving for moving). So asked them to leave it unlocked and id see if it would open later on when its warmed up.

Text back said that the lock was frozen, thats why it wont open!

I politley replied that hot water will solve the problem and that its too short notice for me to book any more work in on the day im cleaning.

Got a reply saying i havent got time, just leave it!

Am peed off now to say the least ! Thats my first day back, all ready & raring to go and i get this first thing before ive done anything.

They wanted someone who would come on a regular basis and asked me this when i quoted them. Now they cant be bothered to spend two mins just running a tap and pouring some water.

Lets hope something good comes out of today. If i pick up another job in that area, i know exactly whats going to happen to their regular window clean.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Frankybadboy

Re: so bloody angry !
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:38 am »
is that all you got to worry about  :o :o :o :o :o

peter holley

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:50:27 am »
 :o :o :o 

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:59:34 am »
im not worried, im bloody angry ! There is a big difference !

gewindows

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:53 am »
Windowwipers if you get ANYTHING done today it'll be a result.

Saying that, unless I can get a key off a custard for a gate I find they'll always play up when asked about leaving the thing open. Ive relented with a few new custards recently who are reluctant to dish out a key and it doesnt take long before they seem to think all of a sudden for some reason that they'd rather they wern't done.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:47 am »
ive got that feeling to, just gone out to the van and and its reading -4, i left a heater in so not frozen, i reckon it will freeze back up again in a couple of hours without a heater

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:35:47 am »
yep van solid still and heater in there ::)

on my to do list is get unit finished so can park vans inside to stop this happening.

1150L Ice cube is annoying
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gewindows

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:28 am »

on my to do list is get unit finished so can park vans inside to stop this happening.

The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket

;)

pingu

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:57:46 am »
Just see the custy's point of view if you can...yep it is very annoying for ou but perhaps this morning the 1st day back to work...everything has just been too much for them ...at least they have advised you.

Cheers
Dave.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 09:17:12 am »
If their boss told them not to come into work because he couldnt be bothered and they wouldnt get paid, then that would be a different story.

Yes i do understand its good that they let me know, but what ped me off was the fact she couldnt be bothered to do anything about the problem when given a way of sorting it.

wezzy32

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 09:24:14 am »
so how r they going to leave the house if they dont get it sorted?.u shud off just turned up and said u didnt get the text if u working in that area.i would off
keep on smiling

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:55 am »
its the side gate that the padlock is frozen up on wezzy.

And your right,  i should have ignored it and carried on (front only)

Lesson has been learnt now and i know what ill be doing in the future

wezzy32

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 10:02:54 am »
were r always learning m8
keep on smiling

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:53 am »

The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket

;)
I was watching the basket but fell asleep ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gewindows

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:10:08 am »
  ;D ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:21:52 am »
I have around 9 customers with locks on their gates and I don't have one key? I never phone them because it leaves it open for the custy to say no thank you, not today.

What I do with those custy's with locks, is tell them that if they want a regular windy to fit a combanation lock, I tell them I don't spend a morning or evening ringing or texting customers, I get on with the Job.
Those customers who are serious about having a regular windy will buy that lock.

Frozen Locks with combinations are not a problem Pee on it  ;D  ;D

stephen s

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:32 am »

Got a text this morning from a customer saying the gate was frozen up and wont open so to leave it.

Ok, but i need the money at the moment (saving for moving). So asked them to leave it unlocked and id see if it would open later on when its warmed up.

I politley replied that hot water will solve the problem and that its too short notice for me to book any more work in on the day im cleaning.

Am peed off now to say the least ! Thats my first day back, all ready & raring to go and i get this first thing before ive done anything.

They wanted someone who would come on a regular basis and asked me this when i quoted them. Now they cant be bothered to spend two mins just running a tap and pouring some water.

Lets hope something good comes out of today. If i pick up another job in that area, i know exactly whats going to happen to their regular window clean.

wow

if thats all it takes to wind you up then maybe w/c is not the job for you ?          we all come across customers like that and in my case at least once a month.    

like you I call each and every customer the night before and like you I get texts the following morning asking me if I can leave it this month with customer always giving various reasons that wev'e all heard.

but if I was to let them make me angry then I wouldn't enjoy life and would defo look to change career.

its just one of lifes little problems and when I say little I mean tiny compared to what else the world is gonna throw at me.

life is far too short to let a customer spoil my day,  I havent had a days work since 18th Dec  because of the bad weather and bills have to be paid and no money to pay them,  but you know what its not the end of the world ( just yet  ;D )    

Mr T

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:30 am »
You should get some terms and conditions done so you can give them a copy . Tell them that you need x days notice for a cancellation or payment is still due

RO-Sheen

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 10:45:42 am »

wow

if thats all it takes to wind you up then maybe w/c is not the job for you ?          we all come across customers like that and in my case at least once a month.    

like you I call each and every customer the night before and like you I get texts the following morning asking me if I can leave it this month with customer always giving various reasons that wev'e all heard.

but if I was to let them make me angry then I wouldn't enjoy life and would defo look to change career.

its just one of lifes little problems and when I say little I mean tiny compared to what else the world is gonna throw at me.

life is far too short to let a customer spoil my day,  I havent had a days work since 18th Dec  because of the bad weather and bills have to be paid and no money to pay them,  but you know what its not the end of the world ( just yet  ;D )    

Totally agree with you Jeff! Can't believe how WW has taken this and got upset! Like most people on their first day back at work they are probably running late, car is frozen up, kids are hyper etc and they wont want to go out and waste more time defrosting the lock.
Try and be more flexible WW!!!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

stephen s

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 10:49:20 am »
cheers Billy