This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil

Targeting commercial
« on: December 08, 2009, 03:35:06 pm »
I have until now always concentrated on domestic work but have decided to have a push into the commercial sector now that I am well established, the domestic is my bread and butter work and the lads are keeping on top of that so time for me to look elsewhere.
We all know door knocking works best for domestic and flyers are also fairly good but what works best in the commercial world?
I was thinking of having some small brochures printed outlining my company, services, blah blah blah..which I could then distribute to companies either by post or by hand, no doubt loads of you have tried this, is it worth the expense or does a different approach work better?

Lee Pryor

Re: Targeting commercial
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 03:43:34 pm »
dont bother with that

The person in every office building that needs a call from you is the facilities manager.

Maybe find out who they are then price up the job with a few options and send them a letter and written quote.

Or find larger office cleaning companies and become there sub-contractor.

this is what we have done in the past.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Martin ccs

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 03:46:18 pm »
sounds like you have been in this game long enough to make it work with that approach - i did it that way many years ago.

now do lots of pubs, community centres, shops, furniture stores, salons etc......

prob is that alot of commercial customers dont pay for bloody ages - i know of three or four companies have a 90 day policy!

but like you said domestic is bread and butter, so aslong as you have a bit of dosh behind you then good luck to you.

maybe try some sub contract aswell, may help.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 03:47:20 pm »
id like to know this too
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

d.ward

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 05:38:45 pm »
me too but i would prefare to have the work then sub contracting it