Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bobs Window Cleaning

Re: Where is Alex Gardiner?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 07:07:09 pm »
leapstall

Have you got one of the older style slx poles with said problems clamps, and have Gardiners replaced your clamps free of charge?

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 07:36:14 pm »
leapstall

Have you got one of the older style slx poles with said problems clamps, and have Gardiners replaced your clamps free of charge?

Bob

I have two SLXs.  Both had the old allen key type clamps.  Both have had them all replaced with the latest clamps.  The re-clamping and general servicing for the two poles came to something like £80 IIRC without checking the receipt (I can't recall exactly as I bought a couple of brushes too).
Please note that only one of the poles was bought directly.  The other was bought second hand (with little usage) from another window cleaner.
I do not regard Gardiners as being obligated to replace the old style allen key clamps FOC.  That's just the way they were made at the time.  They worked reasonably OK for a fair while.  I just found the old clamps a bit of a nuisance but they were not actually defective.  Even if it were argued that Gardiners had an obligation with one of the poles (an argument with which I would not agree), this would certainly not be the case with the second hand one I bought.
I got reasonable usage from one pole and rather less from the other before I decided to have them re-clamped.  No complaints from me.  I've always found Gardiners to be a company that is decent to do business with.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 08:46:57 pm »
It's human nature to wonder though.Some posters that stop like shiner or squeaks you think they'll never stop they must come back.Others like giles, knight, and now gardiner you wonder what went on.

But like wise there have been high end earners on here who have jacked wc to become firemen.What's that all about? ??? "I couldn't see myself, or want to be doing this when i am over forty."
 ;D

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »
It's human nature to wonder though.Some posters that stop like shiner or squeaks you think they'll never stop they must come back.Others like giles, knight, and now gardiner you wonder what went on.

But like wise there have been high end earners on here who have jacked wc to become firemen.What's that all about? ??? "I couldn't see myself, or want to be doing this when i am over forty."
 ;D

Shiner was my old name.  I fancied a break from it so deleted that account.  I don't want to elaborate on here but there were some very valid reasons as to why I made that choice.  I explained about this elsewhere on the forum some time ago.

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
oh, i wouldn't have guessed you to be shiner as your posting style is different.Shiner seemed older and more set in his ways so whatever your catharsis was it has done you good.

I can't see Alex being able to hide in this way, firstly because it would be a bit improbable that a newb would have such technical knowledge, and secondly because of his signature ocd compulsion to answer obscure wfp questions in a painstakingly logical manner.

Of course should he come back i will tell him i was the only one who stuck up for him and the rest of you called him. ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

;D
That fireman is now doing something else

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 10:22:50 pm »

;D

Ian_Giles is still around, he seems happy, healthy, and is doing okay.  I guess he just got himself a life!  I think its the 'strange ones' that frequent this place for umpteen hours a day and have posting counts in the 1000s!  :-[

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 11:12:02 pm »

;D

Ian_Giles is still around, he seems happy, healthy, and is doing okay.  I guess he just got himself a life!  I think its the 'strange ones' that frequent this place for umpteen hours a day and have posting counts in the 1000s!  :-[

something like yours maybe Tosh ??

luther1

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »
With the launch of the new van mounts and new poles due in shortly is he just very busy on a business level and spare time is with his family?

gewindows

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 11:28:40 pm »
With the launch of the new van mounts and new poles due in shortly is he just very busy on a business level and spare time is with his family?

Oh heavens above dont be so ridiculous, we have to conspire to have at least one credible conspiracy theory  regarding the elusive Mr Gardiner  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:48 pm »

Oh heavens above dont be so ridiculous, we have to conspire to have at least one credible conspiracy theory  regarding the elusive Mr Gardiner  ;)

He's not that busy because I saw his van parked in the Kings Head car park at approximately 9.00 pm last night, and he certainly wasn't cleaning the windows there!

luther1

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 11:43:27 pm »
You're right Matt. He's fed up with everyone moaning about clamps and frustrated about the delay in pole arrivals! :)

macmac

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2009, 11:52:46 pm »
Abducted by aliens maybe? ???

gewindows

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 12:00:19 am »
Shergar, Elvis, Lucan, Hitler, 9/11, Telly-tubbies....take your pick  :P

ftp

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2009, 07:32:39 am »
Must have teamed up with Glyn - 'cos he dissapeared not long after too.  :-\

Anybody spotted a new 'lurker' yet - he must be on here.

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2009, 09:10:48 am »
Must have teamed up with Glyn - 'cos he dissapeared not long after too.  :-\

Anybody spotted a new 'lurker' yet - he must be on here.

I rate being abducted by aliens as more likely.

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2009, 05:36:03 pm »
I suppose if he is to do installations he will have to come back on.The big thing about his poles is that he pushed for the shorter closed length, okay xtel did it first, but to have a 22' with a short closed lenght for grounds and hardly any weight is something that didn't used to exist.

You think why couldn't some of these other pole people have done it sooner? Well i think the reason is they just thought of us as donkeys too stupid to care what we used.My first pole 3yrs ago was a 24' gf universal, it was too heavy to use and remains in my garage roof as an antique.

I'm pretty sure the van installation business will go the same way.Like the shorter closed lenght for a pole it's so obvious that a lower c of g for the mounted water tanks by spreading the footprint over most of the available floor is an easy win and an obvious idiotic miss by the existing installation people.Add a certified crash test and he's more or less home free.He'll cut through this biz the same way he did the poles.

I'm looking for a new installation (i haven't even bought the van yet) but where as in the past i have been diy this time i will get one fitted. I want an 800l or 1000 depending on the van payload.

Window Washers

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2009, 05:50:02 pm »
I suppose if he is to do installations he will have to come back on.The big thing about his poles is that he pushed for the shorter closed length, okay xtel did it first, but to have a 22' with a short closed lenght for grounds and hardly any weight is something that didn't used to exist.

You think why couldn't some of these other pole people have done it sooner? Well i think the reason is they just thought of us as donkeys too stupid to care what we used.My first pole 3yrs ago was a 24' gf universal, it was too heavy to use and remains in my garage roof as an antique.

I'm pretty sure the van installation business will go the same way.Like the shorter closed lenght for a pole it's so obvious that a lower c of g for the mounted water tanks by spreading the footprint over most of the available floor is an easy win and an obvious idiotic miss by the existing installation people.Add a certified crash test and he's more or less home free.He'll cut through this biz the same way he did the poles.

I'm looking for a new installation (i haven't even bought the van yet) but where as in the past i have been diy this time i will get one fitted. I want an 800l or 1000 depending on the van payload.
Agree with you on the last part clive,

I am looking for a new van and tank, am thinking of having custom made once again as monthing on the market from supplies is there, floor tanks sound intersting if they can hold the weight and water usage parked on a hill.  If Alex makes this and releases soon I will have one, but I would have to say I would want this do at the time siad as would cost me moeny, I know Alex has had problems with the spped of huis poles being made and going out, he was up front and maybe to honest on that, but pre sell must have given him nightmares and headaches.

Wuld be a shame if he does not come back, but at the same time it will cost him alot of money if he does not, I would say he will be back as he is not stupid.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dd

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 06:09:43 pm »

You can already get flat tanks with low centre of gravity and custom made tanks. Mine is custom made and is nearly 4 years old.

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 06:30:14 pm »
Was it made to fit into a confined space? What capacity is it?

I'm talking about a big tank and using the above part as an operating area.