This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MWCS

quote for commercial work
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:02:09 pm »
I've been asked to quote a large supermarket to clean there windows and entrance. It's being sub contracted to me by a bigger cleaning company, I'm still quite new to this commercial game and any tips or advice on how to quote it would be a bonus.

Cheers,

Matt.

Re: quote for commercial work
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:07:08 pm »
When I first started window cleaning, I did a little sub-contract work.  I was  asked to quote and I provided a fair price.  The contractor then sucked through his teeth and told me the maximum price he would pay; and because I had loads of spare capacity; I took the under-priced work on.  As my spare-capicity decreased; I dropped the sub-contract work.

Remember:

The contractor wants to make a profit out of you.
He may also be not that quick at paying.

My advice would be, if you don't really need the work; quote much higher than you'd expect to earn cleaning residential for the estimated time it will take.

However, if you need the work; quote high again; but be prepared to accept a lower payment and a delay in getting your cash.

At the end of the day; there's not much difference from cleaning the windows on a house, or the windows on a shop (even if it is a big one).

I hope some of this helps.

MWCS

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:36:44 pm »
Cheers windows_chepstow, to be honest I've got enough domestic work, but i'm flirting with the idea of expanding into commercial.  I might just quote high and hope lol. If they accept, on the day I do it I could start at bout 5:30 (silly O'Clock) and have it done by the time i'd start my domestic work so as not to lose any customers.

Cheers,

Matt

tightswerve

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:09:39 pm »
Hi Matt

Have only been in game a year myself and it can be tricky to quote!

I also do a smallish super market and i priced it way to low!About Ten 6 by 3 windows two doors and 6 medium size windows.
I do it once a week (6am) and every other week inside too. All for £45 a month and i just put it up by£5 and he did'nt bat an eye lid.

No great money but i'll creep the money up slowly and he always pays cash on the nose.

Steve  ;)

matt

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 07:14:07 pm »
if you are going to sub-contract, then give the guy a qoute for 30 % more than you want, they will knock a bit off and every1 is a winner ;)