This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

rain n more rain
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:41:15 pm »
serisouly busting ma baws now >:(

the 1 and only

Re: rain n more rain
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:42:39 pm »
yea ping down here. has been all day.im upto date anyway so i dont care

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:05:20 pm »
Im £900 behind at the min  :-\

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:01 pm »
well behind on my houses >:(

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:14:41 pm »
Went out this morning. Must have stopped/started 5 times. Done a oner tho, so it's better than nothin. Think things are gonna cheer up down south for the rest of the week. I mean, that's after tonight's deluge :-(

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:23:40 pm »
It started off  OK so I did a bit of work.  Then I needed to go and get some water and change the DI while I was there.  While I was changing it, it came hacking down and hasn't stopped since.  I don't mind working in a bit of rain but I've given up now as that's a bit much even for me.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:27:20 pm »
my wipers on the van wherent fast enough for the rain, the cars on the roads just stopped as no one could see.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:50:28 pm »
crap morning!16quid one house.absolutely hammering it down!printed work sheets  for the week(5 days) last night.1st time ive done  this with george.gets up to first house starts cleaning at 9am,i says "glad its dry today pal!"finish house and the heavens opened!got paid went over to another custys house just started and she comes out and makes me a brew.by this time its relentless rain and cold hitting the windows really bad so i sits in the car for an hour and its getting worse so packed up and said ill be back first thing tommorrow.i would usually finish the job off but shes got a massive conservatory on the back that was drenched!its a stand alone account as well!ive remembered what windows ive cleaned when i go back tommorrow! ;) ;).im getting really sick of the weather lately :-\.feel like jacking it in after 15 yrs!but tommorrows another day.we ll all be saying its the best job in the world with a few good weeks work under our belts!more rough than smooth at the moment though!

regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

LWC

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »
Maybe you need to super chip your wipers.

matt

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:41 pm »
i got home about 1.30 as it was pee'ing down, since i have been home, its stopped, but i know as soon as i get back in the van it will start again :(

Craig 72

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 03:00:19 pm »
At least you know where you stand when it's pouring down constantly but this stop start business is irritating.Started on one house bathed in sunshine and within literally ten minutes was soaked by a downpour.I'm seriously hoping the rest of the week is better or I'm up a certain creek without a paddle financially.

matt

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 03:09:30 pm »
At least you know where you stand when it's pouring down constantly but this stop start business is irritating.Started on one house bathed in sunshine and within literally ten minutes was soaked by a downpour.I'm seriously hoping the rest of the week is better or I'm up a certain creek without a paddle financially.

thats the thing i hate

i will not work in the rain, i dont mind light drizzle for a while

i will not sit in my van and wait for the rain to stop for very long, i had a phone call this morning from a fellow WC'er. he had been say in his van for over 1 hour waiting for the rain to stop  ::) ::) life is too short for that, unless you have entertainment in the van ( a reason i miss my old T4 as i was going to fit a flip down TV and PC in the rear )

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »

thats the thing i hate

i will not sit in my van and wait for the rain to stop for very long, i had a phone call this morning from a fellow WC'er. he had been say in his van for over 1 hour waiting for the rain to stop  ::) ::) life is too short for that, unless you have entertainment in the van ( a reason i miss my old T4 as i was going to fit a flip down TV and PC in the rear )

now thats a idea, thought about taking my new note pad in the van but after seeing how slow those payas you go dongles are I think ill pass, is it possible to get sky in a van as could watch sky sports news as thats what id do if i went home.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 03:31:06 pm »
Went out about 10am to do an Apt Block. Got there started to rain, sod it I'll carry on. Half way through absolutely hammering down. People at the bus stop looking at me as if I'm mad. Carried on, just as I'm getting to the last few windows the rain stops.

Get home have a nice hot brew and think, well 2 hrs work in the rain for more money than a full 12 hr day in my last job. That's why we will all be out with a smile on our faces again tomorrow. :)
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

matt

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 03:31:46 pm »

thats the thing i hate

now thats a idea, thought about taking my new note pad in the van but after seeing how slow those payas you go dongles are I think ill pass, is it possible to get sky in a van as could watch sky sports news as thats what id do if i went home.

i sometimes take my netbook and surf the net on it

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 03:35:53 pm »

which company you use matt, mate of mine use either 3 or orange and it was slower then dial up

rich fraser

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 03:40:09 pm »

thats the thing i hate

which company you use matt, mate of mine use either 3 or orange and it was slower then dial up
im on a three dongle at the moment, its only got two bars of signal and it probably a few senconds slower than my home PC, and that is quick. Its more to do with how good your lap top is really

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 03:49:22 pm »
im also getting fed up with the stop start rain showers recently, only had 1 job on for today and it drizzled the whole way through me doing it, can cope with that, but as soon as i had packed up the heavens opened literally and i was soaked between getting the van door closed and the drivers door opened to drive off, hate that, now the custie will think i didnt even do her windows!!!  This weather seriously puts things into perspective thats for sure!!!  Oh and talking about dongles, i have a 3 dongle at my house and thats how im on here now :) its ok slow at times but i dont need a landline for making calls so this will suffice for now.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »
Had a nice long sleep in bed, full cooked breakfast and off to work at 1pm, Ideal as I missed all the rain, just the very strong winds to contend with :)

matt

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:58 pm »
im also getting fed up with the stop start rain showers recently, only had 1 job on for today and it drizzled the whole way through me doing it, can cope with that, but as soon as i had packed up the heavens opened literally and i was soaked between getting the van door closed and the drivers door opened to drive off, hate that, now the custie will think i didnt even do her windows!!!  This weather seriously puts things into perspective thats for sure!!!  Oh and talking about dongles, i have a 3 dongle at my house and thats how im on here now :) its ok slow at times but i dont need a landline for making calls so this will suffice for now.

how do you get business then ? ? ?  dont you know its the biggest CIU sin in the world to only have a mobile number